Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenfly on Dublin Bus

Options
  • 21-06-2009 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Has anybody noticed the high number of greenfly on buses this summer? It's not the first summer I've noticed it either. My buses mainly come from Clontarf or Harristown, so I don't know if its fleet wide.

Does anybody know why they favour the buses so much? They are really irritating and stain when you put your elbow on them!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Buses are parked outside at depots.

Buses are parked outside at outer terminis under trees/country areas etc with windows open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The reason is because they are lazy and would prefere to take the bus rather than fly. :p

Another reason would be that it would be almost impossible for greenfly preditors to survive on a bus as spiders webs would be removed daily and ants would have a hard time trying to board a bus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They are attracted to Northside buses because Northsiders are messier eaters, there is no goodness on a Southside bus because Southsiders are fastidious eaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Now if it was Green Day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,302 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They are attracted to Northside buses because Northsiders are messier eaters, there is no goodness on a Southside bus because Southsiders are fastidious eaters.
    Lets not go there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Bring back the ladybird I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

líreacán wrote: »
    Bring back the ladybird I say!

We tried, the junkies thought they were smarties and ate them.

Advertisement