Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free download of Treasure Island Dizzy for PC

Options
  • 21-06-2009 5:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Link here. Bit of an oldie, but thought it should go in its own thread.
    TREASURE ISLAND DIZZY

PROLOGUE:

Dizzy was looking forward to the round-the-world cruise. When he told the other yolkfolk about the good deal he found, they wondered just what lay ahead of him...

Dizzy enjoyed the cruise at first. The captain, Long John Silver, was a lovely old bloke with a kindly manner, good at insulting and degrading the fare-paying punters. He was well balanced - he had parrot on one shoulder and a chip on the other.

Dizzy thought he would organize a game of cricket on the aft deck. In a fit of blinding stupidity he used LJ's spare leg collection as makeshift stumps, and when they were lost overboard he was made to walk the plank! That was how he came to find himself gently poaching on the silent, sun-kissed beach of a seemingly deserted island... He had to somehow find a way back to the yolkfolk and lodge his compensation claim with the travel agent...

CONTROLS:

ACTION KEYBOARD
    Walk Left Z
    Walk Right X
    Jump Left Shift/Left Ctrl
    Pick Up/Drop/Read ENTER/RETURN
    Pause P (NOTE: pressing ANY other key whilst paused will unpause the game)
    Music/Fx M
    Quit Q (Returns to title screen)

HINTS:

Be careful in the water - everyone knows that eggs are air breathers!
    Dont wind up fried.....be careful of fire!
    The wildlife is dangerous, dizzy looks good enough to eat...
    The old chest makes a good step in the right place...

The are two ways to complete the game:
    SOLUTION 1 - Tricky, find a way off the island and back to the yolkfolk
    SOLUTION 2 - Very tricky, there are THIRTY pieces of gold hidden on the island, find these before making your escape... some of them are VERY well hidden!

Good luck!

TECHNICAL:

CCS 64 FEATURES:

A useful feature of CCS C64 is that it allows you to save your progress in the game at any point. To do this, press F9 to access the menu and select STATE. You can Save and Load from this screen.

KNOWN ISSUES:

This PC version of Treasure Island Dizzy uses the CCS-C64 emulator. It is recommended that default settings ONLY be used when running the game, as changing the display/sound settings is known to cause issues with the program.

It is known that running other applications whilst running Treasure Island Dizzy can cause issues: it is therefore recommended that you close any other applications before loading the game.

Codemasters will not provide any customer support on this free download.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Class, loved this in my Amstrad. :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

How the hell do I get over the water at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

lolz! Go left .... pick up the treasure chest and use it to jump up on the rocks at left side and away you go. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I had this for the Commodore 64 about 20 years ago.
    I was really good at the game. However right at the end there's a jump onto a boat that I kept missing.
    You miss - all the way back to the start.

So I recently downloaded the version from the link above and, armed with save states, finally completed that fúcking bastard. The trick is to wait until the boat goes out and comes back in again. Some NPC tells you to jump on the boat "quickly" which is completely wrong! It's impossible to make the jump until the boat is on its way back. Just so you know! So completing the game only took me 20 years!

Never, ever, playing a Dizzy game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Anyone know of any free downloads of monkey island?? bit off topic but prob get an answer here rather than bargain request

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Class!
    I loved Dizzy all those years ago with it`s many episodes.
    Codemasters were the cream of the crop back then before EA even came on the scene but they were more for consoles as codemasters phased out with the pc games console evolution.
    I have great fun teaching my daughter all my old games,this is another one to add,thanks ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

just had a row with the missus, time to flip myself back to the good old days when smashing a keyboard cos i didnt make a jump ruined my day instead of wanting to do the same to another human being!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

http://asmo.jakki.org/files.html
    for some monkey magic

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Pretty sure that Monkey Island the Monkey Island games aren't abandonware, i.e. they're an illegal download from that site. I presume that's against forum rules.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

Classic!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Download doesn't seem to be working any more :(

10824.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Still working for me, direct link to the file is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ah memories of childhood :D Sitting at my Amstrad 464 typing "Run, putting in the tape and pressing any key. Queue half an hour of epileptic output from the monitor and then a tape read error.
    Those were easier times.... wait no they weren't! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Firetrap wrote: »
    Download doesn't seem to be working any more :(

10824.gif

O... M.... G.... SUPERFROG!!!!!

awesome game, Amiga 600 forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

I remember finding the snorkel and thinking 'well life really begins now.....'
    oh and saving is a nice feature there's nothing quite like jumping into a fire and going back to the start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

cance wrote: »
    O... M.... G.... SUPERFROG!!!!!

awesome game, Amiga 600 forever!

Well spotted :cool:

Thanks to Ruu for posting the direct link. I've no idea what was going on when I went through the original link :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Does this game have a save mode at all?!?!?!
    Please say it does!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

tororosso wrote: »
    Does this game have a save mode at all?!?!?!
    Please say it does!!!!

Technically no but most emulators come with save states which will save your game at any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I know I could get Frodo or VICE, but does anyone have a downloadable version of Creatures/Creatures 2?

Advertisement