Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for lazy learners of Spanish

Options
  • 20-06-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

Just today noticed 2 things that some people might find usefull.

1.) Go to the Publico.es, liberal spainish newsapaper, I think, if you don't understand a word, you double click it, and get a nice spanish to spanish definition. This comes as a popup, so you don't leave the page.

2.) I use an iGoogle page, this has an "Elmundo" gadget, which gives me some headlines from Elmundo. Today I notices that if I expand a headline, I get the option to read full article, or and this is the good part, HEAR the article spoken word for word. So I can start the sound palyback , then open the article in another page and follow it. DRAWBACK, the voice is a synthetic female voice, but I think the pronuciation is acceptable.

I had a quick look at the "ElMundo" site proper and didn't find the same facility, but it may be there as well.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Two excellent tips, most appreciated. Thannks Dohouch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

I have yet to see a Lazy learner actually speak spanish.

Advertisement