Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helppppppppppp

Options
  • 20-06-2009 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

plz help ok
    i have to repeat leaving cert becoz i no, i just no
    i did so bad, i want to study european politics(and french)
    in trinity but that is 495 points:eek:
    i want to start study now, were is a good palce to repeat
    and what changes take place in leaving cert next year!!!!
    i only turned 17 2 days ago so i am young enough to repeat

my subjects include english(H), irish(O) french(H) history(h) geogrephy(H) business(H) and perhaps biology or classics(im gonna take up studying one of these from 2moro)

what changes happen to history nect year? what is the document question for example.

thnx:(

oh and pls dont say wait till u get the results i no i did so bad so i need to get ahead of things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

if you tell us what part of the country you are in it would be helpful for advice on where to repeat.
    if you are in dublin there is rathmines, crumlin, the institute, ashfield and probably a few other places.
    regarding english you can find the poets and novels and play here http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_senior.asp?id=5082
    irish will be the same stuff aswell
    of course if youve passed english,irish and maths you wont have to sit them again.
    youll have to do a new geography project too
    im not sure about the other subjects as i didnt do them myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

I'm pretty sure that the english course is different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

plz help ok
    i have to repeat leaving cert becoz i no, i just no
    i did so bad, i want to study european politics(and french)
    in trinity but that is 495 points:eek:
    i want to start study now, were is a good palce to repeat
    and what changes take place in leaving cert next year!!!!
    i only turned 17 2 days ago so i am young enough to repeat

my subjects include english(H), irish(O) french(H) history(h) geogrephy(H) business(H) and perhaps biology or classics(im gonna take up studying one of these from 2moro)

what changes happen to history nect year? what is the document question for example.

thnx:(

oh and pls dont say wait till u get the results i no i did so bad so i need to get ahead of things.

Take the Summer off at least, No point tearing into things so early, the leaving cert year is harrowing enough, you deserve your Summer off! Plenty of time for study when school starts again in September, and you never know, you could have done better than you expected and get the points you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

www.education.ie will give you the syllabi for next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

thankyou guys oh and im in dublin :)

btw i couldnt find the syalbus on that website pathway33.

• Advertisement

go to www.qualifax.ie and insert repeat leaving and insert 'dublin' for the county and it will give you the list of places in dublin

thankyou guys oh and im in dublin :)

btw i couldnt find the syalbus on that website pathway33.

on the left you should see 'curriculum, syllabus and teaching guides' Click it and the list of subjects should appear in the middle of the screen

ok i will see. if anybody knows about history 2009-2010 please just tell me what the document question is.

oh btw for trinity there's a matriculation exam in 2 subjects 1. geology and 2. biblical studies if you are interested. It counts as the same points as a higher leaving cert subject. Some people who want to go to trinity do it to help their points. It's on in April I think and you get the results in May so if you do well then that means you only have to count your best 4 subjects in the leaving. Or you can just do I of the exams if you want and then count 5 from the leaving

ok i will see. if anybody knows about history 2009-2010 please just tell me what the document question is.

http://www.examinations.ie/schools/S57_08_LC_Prescribed_topics_History_2010_2011_ev.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I think it's Northern Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

the thoughts of studying at this moment in time would make me sick!

even if i knew i had to repeat theres no way id be studying in june.. august would be the earliest.. take a break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

pathway33 wrote: »
    oh btw for trinity there's a matriculation exam in 2 subjects 1. geology and 2. biblical studies if you are interested. It counts as the same points as a higher leaving cert subject. Some people who want to go to trinity do it to help their points. It's on in April I think and you get the results in May so if you do well then that means you only have to count your best 4 subjects in the leaving. Or you can just do I of the exams if you want and then count 5 from the leaving

very interesting, how do you study for the geology? is there books available? sorry i know its a stupid question but its the first i heard of such a thing.

ColmDawson wrote: »
    He was asking about 09/10

yep that's the link for the 2010 exam

very interesting, how do you study for the geology? is there books available? sorry i know its a stupid question but its the first i heard of such a thing.

not many people know about it. You have to get the syllabus from trinity. They will only post it out to you. Dunno about books. It wouldn't be like you could buy a book in easons i'd say. There's 1 or 2 schools in dublin follow the exact syllabus so if you went to the teacher there they could advise you. I think 'the High School' do it and St. Columbas College

http://www.tcd.ie/Admissions/undergraduate/requirements/matric-exam/

ok thanks pathway i seen that link about the history, umm shouldnt be too bad. will i need to do the history project again? the one i did was perfect I think :D

ok thanks pathway i seen that link about the history, umm shouldnt be too bad. will i need to do the history project again? the one i did was perfect I think :D

dunno about whether you need to do the history project again but why are you doing pass irish again? You can combine results from different years for matriculation purposes (except for medicine) but can't combine different years results for points

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

ColmDawson wrote: »
    He was asking about 09/10

Well it's Northern Ireland in 09/10 too (they are done in two-year slots I believe).

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Yes You will have to do a new History project sorry to tell you. I have a repeat friend and even though she got to marks in hers she couldn't use it again,or even a variation of the topic she did, has to be all new.
    Why don't you repeat in your school now? Or is that not a possibility for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hmm someone mentioned Ashfield, I believe the day school is closing.

St Lawrences has a pretty good 7th year I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DUDE!

Well regards your other subjects:
    English- it would be King Lear for the Shakespeare and Poetry: Boland and Eliot instead of Mahon and Bishop, but the rest will be the same
    Business- The ABQ would be from Units 2,3 and 4 so it would be on HR and Finance
    Geography wouldn't change except you'd have to do a new fieldwork

I don't think doing another history project would be as hard the second time because you know the layout and what to look for.
    Good Luck with it!!:)

DUDE! wrote: »
    Well regards your other subjects:
    English- it would be King Lear for the Shakespeare and Poetry: Boland and Eliot instead of Mahon and Bishop, but the rest will be the same
    Business- The ABQ would be from Units 2,3 and 4 so it would be on HR and Finance
    Geography wouldn't change except you'd have to do a new fieldwork

I don't think doing another history project would be as hard the second time because you know the layout and what to look for.
    Good Luck with it!!:)

smug-alert.jpg

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

DUDE! wrote: »
    Poetry: Boland and Eliot instead of Mahon and Bishop, but the rest will be the same

I'm pretty sure that's not right. As far as I know Kavanagh and Yeats are on the course too. Dunno about any others though.

I'm pretty sure that's not right. As far as I know Kavanagh and Yeats are on the course too. Dunno about any others though.

Higher level english poets for 2010 exam

Eavan Boland
    Thomas Eliot
    Patrick Kavanagh
    John Keats
    Michael Longley
    Adrienne Rich
    Derek Walcott
    W.B Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

pathway33 wrote: »
    Higher level english poets for 2010 exam

Eavan Boland
    Thomas Eliot
    Patrick Kavanagh
    John Keats
    Michael Longley
    Adrienne Rich
    Derek Walcott
    W.B Yeats

Just do Boland and Rich and you'll be safe. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 shockhorror27

English changes for paper 2:

Single text: If you did the Shakespearean single text, next year it is King Lear rather than Macbeth. The other single texts are Wuthering Heights, Dancing at Lughnasa, The Grapes of Wrath and The Blackwater Lightship.

Comparative: General Vision and Viewpoint and Cultural Context are still on the syllabus, but theme and issue is replaced by Literary Genre.

Poets: Boland, Eliot, Kavanagh, Yeats, Keats, Rich, Walcott and Longley are the poets this year.

I recently came across http://leavingcertenglish.weebly.com/ which seems like a good site for Leaving Certificate English help.

Hope it helps..

Advertisement