Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Music Organiser?

Options
  • 20-06-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

HI I'm using LinuxMint 7 and I'm looking for a program similar to MediaMonkey on windows that can tag files using Freedb or similar. Using Banshee at the mo but it cannot (afaik) tag from the net.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Give amarok 1.4 a twirl, might be what your looking for, I absolutely love it.

Don't go near Amarok 2.0 though, absolute pile a dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

music uses notes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Tillotson

Search using whatever synaptic or whatever frontend Mint uses.

There'll be a load of applications, install a few, choose which one you like best and remove the others.

Picard comes to mind, if you can live with the qt dependancies. Sure you can always remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Tried Amarok but seems a bit basic. Songbird cannot seem to handle all the tracks I have and closes down before completing the import.

Thanks stevo_steve can't believe I didn't think of WINE. I'm got mediamonley up and running now.

Thanks all for the help.

Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement