Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nct in Limerick

Options
  • 20-06-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

iv heard there was a bit of a waiting list if you apply in limerick..mine is up at the end of the month, should i ring later to ensure im waiting over 2 weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most NCT centres have long waiting lists I'm afraid at the moment because people who didn't bother getting their car NCT'd for years are now panicing due to the introduction of 5 penalty points for not having one. I'd say your best bet is to keep ringing for a cancelation. Don't ring the number on the website as they don't answer it. :rolleyes: Try this number instead 01 4135900. You might get lucky.

Even if the don't get a date before the time the current one expires once you have the booking receipt with you a Garda should be happy enough with that if your stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

You can check online at www.ncts.ie
    If you get no availability at first attempt try again a couple of hours later.
    Recently I needed to book a test and it showed no availability right up to October. Checked again a couple of hours later and same result. Checked following day and loads of availability, even showed 56 on one day.
    This was for Limerick centre. I doubt if they had 56 cancellations overnight!Would not inspire confidence in their system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BeanieBaby

I booked ours in at the beginning of this month (it is due next week). I couldn't get a date on-line and did ring the number on the site.

The earliest I could get was mid October.

But given the delays and the problems, provided you have an appointment to get it done, then there is unlikely to be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I sent them an email and they sent me out a date for 3 weeks later in Eastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I pass the NCT centre every single morning at around 8:30am and it is always packed to the gills.

I pass at 5:30pm most days and it is still packed to the gills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,788 ✭✭✭✭phog

Berty wrote: »
    I pass the NCT centre every single morning at around 8:30am and it is always packed to the gills.

I pass at 5:30pm most days and it is still packed to the gills.

Isnt there a driving test centre there as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Took me a month to get mine (and two weeks to get my follow up unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

mine was due and when i went on-line to book - was way out to Oct....

If you don't mind travelling a half hr either way out of limerick - there is one just past the market in Ennis (within a week waiting list) or there is one in Charleville too

LB6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

I rang a week ago to book mine, for some reason I was able to get a space this Thursday...I tried booking online but it didnt work so I called them

Advertisement