Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Conversion In The City

Options
  • 20-06-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Morning everyone

Just rang Empire music there to check if they could convert old camcorder Mini DV videos to DVD but they can't :-(
    Someone told me a while back they could so now I'm stuck

Does anyone know where I could get Mini DV camcorder videos converted to DVD in Limerick?

Btw, I don't have the camcorder anymore. It was never mine and I found tapes that are about 5 years old so I want to look back on them

Thanks
    Irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

fsv, future sound and vision, top of wiliam street beside gleesons should be able to help, think they do that stuff, otherwise maybe savins or mikray on thomas street (not sure if they are still there)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Photo Magic out in Castletroy transfer normal VCR's to DVD so it would be a safe assumption that they can transfer camcorder vidoes! Give them a buzz. They ar located beside Chawkes in Castletroy. Right across from Kilmurry Lodge Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thanks Lads

I just rang photo magic and also rang FSV
    What a difference in price. Photo Magic are €30 per cassette and FSV are €10 per cassette. You probably know where i'm going ;). Thanks for the help lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Thanks Lads

I just rang photo magic and also rang FSV
    What a difference in price. Photo Magic are €30 per cassette and FSV are €10 per cassette. You probably know where i'm going ;). Thanks for the help lads

Rip off Ireland strikes again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Cant speak for Photomagic, but Tony is FSV will do a swift job and will thank you for your business, I've often send in customers to him as he is honest and hard working ....and wont rip you off, usually offers a discount for bulk orders...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

if you knew someone with a mini dv camcorder and a dvd recorder then its a simple job to transfer them,i guess thats what these people are doing and making a packet doing it.
    you can buy a mini dv camcorder for under 200 euros these days,plenty of bargains around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kearnmara

Give Transfer Media Services up in the Tait Centre a shout, they transfer video, photographs, audio, even old cine film! I've used them a lot and they are very reasonable & do a very professional job. I have loads of camera tapes of the the kids and got them all done for a great price inc discount.
    Well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

kearnmara wrote: »
    Give Transfer Media Services up in the Tait Centre a shout, they transfer video, photographs, audio, even old cine film! I've used them a lot and they are very reasonable & do a very professional job. I have loads of camera tapes of the the kids and got them all done for a great price inc discount.
    Well worth a visit.

Hi there Mr Transfer Media Services. :D

Advertisement