Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix

Options
  • 20-06-2009 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭

Listened to this band for the first time last week, there new album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is great, I also had a listen to there other stuff and it is also very good. I have to say i'd never heard of them before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAQ1VkycqCY

I tried to stick the youtube video on this post but i couldnt figure it out.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Great band, make sure you pick up their previous album - Untitled. And also the Lost in Translation OST.

If i ever feel better and Too Young are prob my favourite tracks. New album is also one of the best this year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

yeah brilliant, discovered them on last fm and went and bought the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

lordgoat wrote: »
    Great band, make sure you pick up their previous album - Untitled. .

It's actually called United I think, just in case the OP is having trouble finding it :)

I really liked It's never Been Like That - I think it's their best after WAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

this was their debut single Heatwave - much more in the mode of Air, Daft Punk etc than their more 80s-pop influenced albums, still great though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 syrupy

Try their album Alphabetical from 2004 - their track Run, Run, Run is fabulous. Got me into the band...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Just to resurrect an old thread their first single from the new album is out.
    I am impressed hopefully there is more good work to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBsRvthVhdw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That's been out ages....

Anyway, new album is fecking great! Looking forward to seeing them at Primavera!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Birneybau wrote: »
    That's been out ages....

Anyway, new album is fecking great! Looking forward to seeing them at Primavera!

...and longitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Quite enjoying this album so far (the quality of the leak isn't helping though). It's basically the previous album with more synths but considering WAP was the most danceable rock record since 'Is This It?' a few more spins of the wheel is more than welcome, if it ain't broke and all that jazz.

Early standout is Drakkar Noir (which segues deliciously into Chloroform). It's an absolute banger of bottled euphoria, which is what the previous album had in spades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

When is the album actually out? I'm going seeing them in 2 weeks and I wouldn't mind being familiar with the new songs beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

S.M.B. wrote: »
    When is the album actually out? I'm going seeing them in 2 weeks and I wouldn't mind being familiar with the new songs beforehand.

Album out 18th April. You should be able to find it streaming at a few places, try NPR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Actually really like this, in an upbeat, fun kinda way. Very strong first half imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭smacg

They are on Later tonight on BBC2.

Advertisement