Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JB Electronic Payment Query

Options
  • 20-06-2009 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi-Ya Folks.
    Have been signing-on now since Febuary 09 & the thoughts of doing it for the forseeable future are wrecking the head.
    Just wondering, the automatic entitlement to getting paid your' welfare was abolished for all new applicants for JA/JB back in August 2008 afaik.
    But, i have heard anecdotaly that after 6-months/6 "signs", I can request a form in my local p.o. to get paid straight into bank. WHich would be ideal. It's a real p.i.t.a. to have to go in every week with no privacy & a total ignoramus of a teller behind who doesn't afford u any dignity r privacy & is slow to boot. Then I would ondly have to go to the social once a month as currently.
    I'm hoping to become a s.w.tourist in August which is when my 6th sign occurs. I feel I'd be less of a burden on the state & could expand my horizons too as I haven't got to travel much.
    So, am I spot-on regarding the electronic payment form being all I have to do? I was told that by a person in a s.w.office separate to the one i curently use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭StiffLitlemicky

Hi-Ya Folks.
    Have been signing-on now since Febuary 09 & the thoughts of doing it for the forseeable future are wrecking the head.
    Just wondering, the automatic entitlement to getting paid your' welfare was abolished for all new applicants for JA/JB back in August 2008 afaik.
    But, i have heard anecdotaly that after 6-months/6 "signs", I can request a form in my local p.o. to get paid straight into bank. WHich would be ideal. It's a real p.i.t.a. to have to go in every week with no privacy & a total ignoramus of a teller behind who doesn't afford u any dignity r privacy & is slow to boot. Then I would ondly have to go to the social once a month as currently.
    I'm hoping to become a s.w.tourist in August which is when my 6th sign occurs. I feel I'd be less of a burden on the state & could expand my horizons too as I haven't got to travel much.
    So, am I spot-on regarding the electronic payment form being all I have to do? I was told that by a person in a s.w.office separate to the one i curently use.

What's a 's.w.tourist'?
    but i think it's nine months before ta 'wel pays into your bank account.
    your just gonna have to live with the shame and stand in line at the p.o.! hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

A S.W. tourist is a Social Welfare Tourist.
    S/he be the one who gets it paid electronicaly & was eh, traditionaly anyway leaving the country & ondly coming back in on the cheap flights once a month to sign-on in Social Welfare Office. Poland was the land of choice according to the red-tops/rags. With all their' gorgeous wimin, I can see why!
    I pray that the 6-months I was advised was the time after which I could request electronic payment holds. Nine-months? Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

social welfare tourist = social welfare fraud

you're supposed to be genuinely seeking and available for work.

People doing this is why they stopped paying electronically in the first place.

Pleas read the forum charter, as we will not advise you how to commit fraud. Further posts of this nature will earn you a ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement