Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remake Goldeneye?

Options
  • 19-06-2009 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

was there talk of a goldeneye 007 remake?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yep there has been alot of talk about it being released on the Xbox Live Arcade for a few years but there are some issues, I think some are copyright with Rare.

BUt on another similar note, Perfect Dark is getting a minor face lift and locked at 60fps and will be released on XBLA this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

EA own the bond license so that would prevent it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The XBLA version of Goldeneye is made but can't be released for the reasons stated above, bummer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's seriously crap nowadays but I'd like to see it if Rare significantly improved the AI and gameplay since it's got very unique level design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Was Perfect Dark64 better ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wont be the same without the N64 controller IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ah ha, BUT................ you can play it on your PC using Project 64 AND... you can but an adapter to use your old N64 controller as a controller for the PC.

I started playing it on Project 64 a few weeks back and it's just as good as the old game, even though it has aged badly graphics wise

• Registered Users Posts: 34,589 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Galvasean wrote: »
    Wont be the same without the N64 controller IMO

Indeed. lopsided controllers & handcramps ftw! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

o1s1n wrote: »

But see it felt like a gun cause there was a "trigger" thing underneath and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Didn't someone make a Half Life 2 mod of Goldeneye lately? Might have been just the multiplayer though.

Looked pretty good as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

wasted many an hour playing goldeneye on the n64.Dont know if i would want to play it now as it might tarnish my memories of it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Perfect Dark was a better game until Elvis showe dup and it turned to ****.

The Half-life mod is multiplayer only.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ah ha, BUT................ you can play it on your PC using Project 64 AND... you can but an adapter to use your old N64 controller as a controller for the PC.

Call me intrigued.
    o1s1n wrote: »

oh no, you werent one of those people who tried holding all three handles at once were you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Played Golden Eye a while back on the GFs old N64... Was it always this hard to shoot anyone in death match? I think it's aged pretty badly then again I played Turok on it for about 2 minutes and almost all was forgiven. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Yup, http://goldeneyesource.net/ being an avid N64 goldeneye player myself, this is very similiar.

It is just multiplayer though.

Advertisement