Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rabbits losing hair???

Options
  • 19-06-2009 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

hi
    every time i pick up my rabbits clumps of hair fall out!!!
    its strange because if you looked at him you wouldnt notice anything!!

has this happened to anyone or is my rabbit sick???

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

When a rabbit is pregnant or having a false pregnancy they tend to pluck their hair out from underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is your rabbit male or female? Is the rabbit living on his/her own or with another rabbit? Is your rabbit long or short haired?

As said, if female she could be pulling hair out and becoming nesty. If the rabbit is living with another rabbit they could be fighting when your not looking and that's when the fur can start flying but I'd say if that was the case you'd of spotted them acting up.

Your rabbit could also be moulting at this time of year, also check the rabbits skin to make sure it's not red or irritated parasites can cause hair loss but if the skin is clear and the bun isn't itching etc. it's prob. not that.

If it's just moulting then regular brushing with a soft brush will help.

Advertisement