Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student houses

Options
  • 19-06-2009 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I've been trying and trying to find somewhere to live near NUI Galway next semester, but so far, no luck! I'm going there on an exchange from Canada and I need somewhere as fully furnished as possible, from September through December 2009. My last resort is going to be Corrib Village, but its expensive, and I'm 20, so I don't feel like beeing around a bunch of underage first years. I have no idea how student house shares work, but I would LOVE to live with a bunch of other students in a house or apartment near the campus. So please let me know if you can either point me in the right direction, or would like an awesome roommate!

Thanks,

:D Stephanie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Have a look on Daft.ie, cheaper accommodation, where you want it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smilligan

I've been spending pretty much a few hours a day looking through postings on daft.ie, I find it hard because the listings either say "suit mature student/professional", which isn't what I'm looking for, or just don't say if it's students living in the house. I want to be with undergrads my age. Also, most of them say "available now", and I can't move in till September. Most of the people that I've contacted won't rent for only 4 months. So I don't know what to do...tricky business, this housing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ClareMcCrum

Hey,

I'm sort of in the same situation. I'm 21, going to Galway in September to do a one year Masters, but don't really want to be with the mature/professional grouping. Are there any listings in the university for students looking for people to share with? I haven't been able to find any online but maybe there are some on campus?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The nuig website has accomodation listings uder accomodaion. do a search, more will be added towards Sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

NUIG website for accommodations : http://www.nuigalway.ie/accommodation/
    Student Union website for accomodations : http://www.su.nuigalway.ie/site/view/331/

Hard to find accommodation with students around this time, be easier closer to augest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

hey im gonna be a first year next year and hopin to rent a house wit 2 or 3 friends .. wat would be the best area to look in and wat kinda prices are you lookin at ... anyone know how much it works out at roughly includin all bills and that??? any estimation at al

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Mallox wrote: »
    hey im gonna be a first year next year and hopin to rent a house wit 2 or 3 friends .. wat would be the best area to look in and wat kinda prices are you lookin at ... anyone know how much it works out at roughly includin all bills and that??? any estimation at al

But you don't have friends mallox! Oh wait herself !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

^^^can some moderator please remove this nusance to society ^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Daft and Galway Advertiser would be your best bet. Lots of students live in Dun Na Coiribe and Cuirt na Coiribe. Dont worry you will find somewhere but just you will find it heard to secure it this far ahead! Your best bet would be to be in Galway looking and viewing places for a few weeks before you start your course!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

OP you could try looking at Galway's local papers: Galway Advertiser and Galway Independent, these should throw up some results. Stick to areas such as Eyre Sq/City Centre, Newcastle, Shantalla, Laurel Park.
    Editions of those papers mentioned above are available online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Mallox wrote: »
    ^^^can some moderator please remove this nusance to society ^^^^^
    you love me really! plus you neeomeone to share those bills with! sorry mod's no more off topicness!

Advertisement