Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i get dole????

• 19-06-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

ive just finished my leaving cert. i handed out loads of c.v.s before i really started studying and ive had no replys. just wondering can i claim the dole???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Go into your local social welfare office, queue up and fill out the forms and you'll probably get it assuming you're not planning on going to college.

Are you around 18 years old? I think if you're under 20 (maybe 21) you're now only entitled to €100 a week (half the regular dole).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Squor

Hi

You have to be at least 18 and I think outta school 6 wks before you can claim. Then you can get unemployment assistence which is means tested so they take into account parents income and ingoings and outgoings, they need a letter from the folks stating as such

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You have to be finished your leaving certificate 3 months before you can claim Jobseekers Allowance/Benefit. If you were working and paying PRSI in 2007 you may be eligible to receive Benefit, if not you will be means assessed for Allowance.

Advertisement