Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laughable and Ignorant

Options
  • 19-06-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Dear Mr E

Have you ever heard of free speech???? Ok so, we will not have a fun thread on Limerick but if I want to say something crap about the city I have that right (satire and humour are often the best ways of dealing with any controversial situation).

I would be pleased if you could give me a reason for closing that thread?

A good reason, bog standard or similar reasons will be laughed at......:mad::p;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

no free speech on a privately owned website.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

People have been saying crappy stuff about Limerick for the last fortnight, Buglim. You've arrived late to the party, the girls have gone home and all the drink is gone.

Seriously, there have been more reported posts in this forum in the last fortnight than there have been since the start of the year. Negative threads (and there have been quite a few) bring out the crackpots. Your proposed thread was akin to putting a big bucket of troll bait in the middle of O'Connell Street, and guaranteed to get the thread locked (along with another dozen reported posts) before it reached the end of the first page.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Honestly, that's a great answer and impossible to argue with but I'd love to hear Mr E's response to why someone who is from Limerick can't be humourous about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oh look, a reported post! :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with a sense of humour, Buglim. I love a good laugh as much as the next guy, but your thread wasn't geared for humo .... ah f**k it. I'll open it. (Sorry Billy)

Lets call it a science experiment and see how long it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Thanks Mr E, but all the fun has been drained from me..... thanks for being cool about it.;)

Sorry, in all fairness I put up the thread because of the thread asking people to tone down the negativity and that was not right ( I was just hoping for a bit of fun).

• Advertisement
Advertisement