Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Arm Help

Options
  • 19-06-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just back from hospital I broke my arm my writing one and I have R.E tomorrow what the **** will i do Iam losing the head

Help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

You'll get a scribe, you will talk they will write. Its annoying but it will do, whatever happens make them keep writing, just keep talking. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Turn up at the exam centre a bit earlier and explain your situation to the super. He will get a scribe for you and put you in your own centre. DON'T PANIC! This is probably fairly common and there will be some sort of a procedure for cases like this in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Calm down :)

Go to school early, and talk to somebody there, maybe the principal or something. They will organise a writer for you. The SEC are there to help, so if there's nobody at the schhol, ring them. You will be grand, you can't be punished for breaking your arm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

1. email the school now
    2. email the SEC
    3. turn up as soon as the gates are open in the morning at the exam centre. They will do everything to help you. It may not be too late to get a scribe/tape/laptop

If you do nothing to let them know before the exam there is nothing they can do for you after the exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

hey guys thanks for the advice I fell getting out of the shower and I wasted a nights study in the hospital anyway I suppose they will have to find a scribe from the SEC
    or use one of the teachers i du not know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hmm perhaps tonight you should begin to think about how to word essays, maybe practice to someone (I know its late) Its hard, but you'll be ok mate.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

has anybody any experience with a scribe and any tips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I have no experience of a scribe. The only advice I can give is try to imagine the scenario in your head. Like so that it won't be a shock in the exam. There will probably be a few times when you may want to go back over what you said and read it, and I don't want to stress you out more but you may find in the exam you will find it harder to keep your train of thought. So I'd say like definitely make out a 5 minute plan of each answer. Don't be afraid to tell the scribe what you want to do and that this is 'roughwork' and where the real answer begins. And maybe read out a few essays to yourself now so that it won't feel weird in the exam wjen you do it for the first time. The scribe should be experienced and put you at ease.

Good luck

Advertisement