Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything Odd about this??

Options
  • 18-06-2009 9:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here is a good one for you, does anyone notice anything in this photo??

Photo.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

hahaha - sorry but the phrase 'oh noes not again' springs to mind.

there must be a zillion old threads on here with the same photo. If i wasnt such a lazy git I'd go find them.

The funny thing about that photo is you;d be amazed how many people claim they either took it or someone they knew took it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

iamhunted wrote: »
    hahaha - sorry but the phrase 'oh noes not again' springs to mind.

there must be a zillion old threads on here with the same photo. If i wasnt such a lazy git I'd go find them.

The funny thing about that photo is you;d be amazed how many people claim they either took it or someone they knew took it.
    Yeah, I was amazed when I first saw this a few months ago, a girl in work said her friend took it and then a few weeks later , my daughter said her friends friend at school took it. Anyway, all that aside it is a pretty cool photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I dont get it?

Ah now i do.
    cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

jonny24ie wrote: »

Photo.jpg

that photo has been doin the fcuckin rounds longer than Postman Pat! FAKE. Its been analysed and disproved and all.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its been sent to me a lot. On different occasions my brother's friend took it, my niece's friend took it. Various friends of boards posters took it. Someone in Birmingham took it. And on and on.... :D

Its so well known and afaik fake. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

This photo is so well known it probably has it's own website and fanclub!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its been analysed and disproved and all.

I'm more than familiar with the picture but didnt know it had been professionally looked at - Do you have a link to info on that?

6th wrote: »
    I'm more than familiar with the picture but didnt know it had been professionally looked at - Do you have a link to info on that?

I do recall this being debunked before, my niece even had it sent to her phone a couple of months ago! I can't recall the source of the debunking though! I did a quick google using "ghost child in group photo" and got a few hits for it, the interesting thing was that the sources differed, the sun :rolleyes: ran a story on it a while back (I am not a reader it was one of the hits:p).

Edit: The story goes that the real kid was crying because he didn't want to play with the other child, know one knew what he was talking about at the time as there was no one else in the room!

the sun reported it as a news story but there had been an earlier news report (I think about a year earlier) on the same photo with a different story attached to it. I dont have the link for it but I did stumble across the older one some time back

• Advertisement

being a camera photo i doubt theres enough information in the image for proper analysing - but it wouldnt be too hard to fake I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CurlieSue

ok im missing what is so odd about the photo? :confused:

CurlieSue wrote: »

Photo.jpg

CurlieSue wrote: »

Look between the legs of the 2nd and 3rd girls from the left ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

:eek:It's Chucky

Fake or not, I ain't sleepin' tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Look between the legs of the 2nd and 3rd girls from the left ;)

Theres two small children in the photo, one crying and one hiding behind the girls? Whats the big deal?

I do recall this being debunked before, my niece even had it sent to her phone a couple of months ago! I can't recall the source of the debunking though! I did a quick google using "ghost child in group photo" and got a few hits for it, the interesting thing was that the sources differed, the sun :rolleyes: ran a story on it a while back (I am not a reader it was one of the hits:p).

Yeah I can't find the original site where I read about its debunking either because that must have been well over 6 months ago. However, I did find this.
    Edit: The story goes that the real kid was crying because he didn't want to play with the other child, know one knew what he was talking about at the time as there was no one else in the room!

The link above calls the claim of there not being another child present into disrepute because there have been so many unreliable and differing 'sources'. There may well have been another child in the room.

Either way I dont believe the photo is authentic. It could be mobile phone pixelation at work or another child's face from a different photo superimposed on to that one using Photoshop

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Theres two small children in the photo, one crying and one hiding behind the girls? Whats the big deal?

i know. Like, that link I found above this post says that theres bugger all paranormal about the picture. When u think about it, the only thing that has made people think it's paranormal are the alleged claims that there was only one small child present when the photo was taken. With streams of people repeatedly popping up and claiming the photo was taken by their niece/sister/friend/brother/pimp/lizard in places as various as Scotland, Birmingham, Dublin, Liverpool, etc, I wouldnt be ready 2 accept any information surrounding the photo

xzanti wrote: »
    :eek:It's Chucky

Fake or not, I ain't sleepin' tonight :(

Ah Christ, come on! :rolleyes:

I must dig out the original claimant who proofed it was his by posting pictures of himself with 2 girls from the photo on his Bebo page. I saw the pics, they were the same girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

It's interesting what you can do with Photoshop

branie wrote: »
    It's interesting what you can do with Photoshop

I love how people usually put it down to photoshop (and usually people without the skills to reproduce anything of similar quality). I might actually get in touch with the guy who took it and ask to be sent the original camera phone file - would be easy to check if it had been PS'd.

I love how people usually put it down to photoshop (and usually people without the skills to reproduce anything of similar quality). I might actually get in touch with the guy who took it and ask to be sent the original camera phone file - would be easy to check if it had been PS'd.

That would be interesting, keep us posted if you do! I have just come across it too many times to believe it's veracity, however I am open to be proved wrong!

Monkeyfudge has it, i saw him post it before. This picture is like an old pair of socks at this stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭purplekitty

Photo.jpg

arrrrhg!! i didnt even notice that.
    cool :o: eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

lol i cant belive this is still going round,,,:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

jonny24ie wrote: »

Photo.jpg

there is one thing weird about this pic alright...

your man and 5 women ???

as if.... he must be a alien :rolleyes:

robbie_998 wrote: »
    there is one thing weird about this pic alright...

your man and 5 women ???

as if.... he must be a alien :rolleyes:

Eh ... there is no male in that pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Eh ... there is no male in that pic?

then its worse than we all thought :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

A quick point about edited photos and comparing them to the original photo file.
    The majority of digital photos these days use the file extension .JPEG which have an EXIF with them.
    It is possible to edit a digital photo using any editing SW save the file including the exif data intact with original date, time, camera/phone model stamp etc.
    You can also edit the exif file with the likes of exif pro if need be to correspond with the camera model and date.
    One of the only ways a photo can be verified 100% these days is if it's taken using film.

Advertisement