Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible virus?

Options
  • 18-06-2009 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

OK this is driving me nuts!!

You know the punch a celeb internet advert that comes up on certain pages? Its someone hitting Christian Bale and it doesnt stop making a loud thump sound every second until you actually click on the add so I usually just click on it and close it to make the sound go away but...

Well basically the sound is still playing on my computer every second even when I have no webpages open?!? Anyone know whats up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Hi,

Yes that one is doing the rounds at the moment.
    Download Malwarebytes and run a scan. That should get rid of it.

If it doesn't head over to the Malware removal board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Thanks!

I was also wondering I keep getting notifications that 3FAO.tmp has stopped working and I dont even know what that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I was also wondering I keep getting notifications that 3FAO.tmp has stopped working and I dont even know what that is?

Sounds like a file that the Malware created.
    Are you still getting that error now after running the scan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭xprepairs

If Malwarebytes doesn't remove the problem you may want to try unhackme:
    http://www.greatis.com/unhackme/download.htm
    Use the beginners guide which is on the left of the download page and follow those directions.

Go through all the scans and if you are NOT sure of a certain threat you can google it or post it back here and we'll help you outy.

I would suggest running it until there are no more infections.
    Good Luck

Advertisement