Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker site thoughts?

Options
  • 18-06-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Well my first post, it's time to come out of the woodwork.

Im a casual player, although looking at improving my game, taking bankroll management more seriously, reading up on strategy etc.

I've been playing for a while on Bodog, mainly Sng's of between €5 - €15 buy-in, and MTTs. But I'm thinking of moving to another site as the traffic on Bodog is fairly poor. Any ideas on what sites have decent traffic for Sng's?

My first choice was Full Tilt as it has good traffic and I could get rakeback which I don't have at the moment. But from what I gather the standard on FT is tougher than other sites. I read on 2+2 that sites that don't allow US players might be an easier standard.

Been thinking also maybe about Ipoker. I've never played there but I gather that a fair few of you guys do. Would it be a better bet than Full tilt in terms of the standard of players? And if I join Ipoker am I then able to play on any of the sites in the network? Also what's the software and traffic like?

Thanks for any pointers :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I play on PKR , Poker Stars, Full Tilt and prefer them in that preference.

Personally I find PKR SnG's full of idiot calling stations who will just bleed chips all game long though the cash games there are alot tougher. There also seems to be alot chattier people there than the other sites.

Pokerstars havent played SnG's there but the cash games are VERY soft

FullTilt like you I find a quite though going site with very decent players at all levels and game types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭BigToad

I like fulltilt and pokerstars and play cake as well but it's not got great traffic or software.

I don't play ipoker much but I don't think full tilt or poker stars are way tougher, they just have more players so it seems like there's less donks when really there's probably more but more good players as well.

For SnG traffic, software and choice of games no1 comes close 2 pokerstars and fulltilt.

Also on full tilt u get unified break(all games break at 55mins past the hour) if u play the mtt games which is great, very usefull and poker stars are bringing it in soon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

ipoker network is d best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Jesse Algranti

PKR, after their agressive marketing techniques have had time to settle, will, i think, be the busiest site. I am talking in a few years maybe but it is by far the best poker experience. Problem is, little traffic at the moment and little to nothing in guarantee money...pity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

PKR, after their agressive marketing techniques have had time to settle, will, i think, be the busiest site. I am talking in a few years maybe but it is by far the best poker experience. Problem is, little traffic at the moment and little to nothing in guarantee money...pity

I'd have to disagree there tbh. traffic is quite brisk on PKR and a 50 seat SnG will fill up in about 5 minutes and 10 seat SnGs in about 30 seconds.

As for gaurentee's they have quite about 6 $500 freerolls each day as well as some $1000 free rolls and you only have to have a look at their tourney listing to see how many other gaurenteed prize pools they have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement