Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rod Stewart in thomond park

Options
  • 18-06-2009 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

so eventhough the weather was bad thomond was not a sellout for elton john, hows it looking for the rod stewart concert? have many tickets been sold?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I did a Tickermaster Search and it came back with a ticket for €91.25 + charges.

If Thomond Park(not being that big) cannot sell out a Major Recording Artist what chance does it have?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

Not that big maybe... but too big for a concert of that size in a small city. You'd need A list acts to fill thomond park for a concert down here. Its bigger than the 02 arena in dubin and that's the right size for a city of dublin. Unless its a festival you will only get large concerts in large population centres or if they are major major acts.

on top of that.. the cost of the concert

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Berty wrote: »
    I did a Tickermaster Search and it came back with a ticket for €91.25 + charges.

If Thomond Park(not being that big) cannot sell out a Major Recording Artist what chance does it have?

I think the ridiculous price has something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

jackncoke wrote: »
    I think the ridiculous price has something to do with it

So do I. There were more people at Elton than I thought and that's probably people who had a few quid left over and decided to buy a ticket on the day. I mean, hand over 4 €20 notes (and get a little change back!) but having to dish out an extra €10 might seem a bit hefty to a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

they sold about 22-23,000 tix for elton john but i think about 20,000 turned up on the night. weather probably accounted for that but given the price of the tickets, its strange that people that payed over 100 euros wouldnt bother going! read somewhere that there was about 16,000 tickets sold for rod stewart about 3 weeks ago, so it might get 18-19000 by time of concert

• Advertisement
Advertisement