Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help - Can someone recommend an arts course???

Options
  • 18-06-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I really want to do an art course in painting or drawing but preferably painting. City centre would suit but I don't mind travelling as long as it is easily accessible via a bus route. I've searched through nightcourses.com and have found a few but I don't know if they are any good. Can anyone help????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

little more info would help - around what age are you?
    are you a total newbie or have you taken any art classes before?
    How long are you looking to take a class for? [one night a week over a 9 or so weeks vs every day for a week]
    Are you looking to learn for fun or do you want a course that can lead to some sort of diploma/degree course further down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

For general drawing, check out the galleries - the Hugh Lane and the National Gallery do drawing during the weekends. Also, the National Print Museum do various courses which may be of interest to you.

The Trinity Arts classes are finished now until September but are fantastic opportunity - check out their blog here for next year:
    http://users.gaelic.ie/dublindays/lifedrawing.htm

The Dublin Sketchers are another group that I am involved with - they meet on Sundays if you would like to come along and do some drawing you are welcome to join us. (No charge!) Our blog is here:
    www.dublinsketchers.blogspot.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 little_miss_sun

ztoical wrote: »
    little more info would help - around what age are you?
    are you a total newbie or have you taken any art classes before?
    How long are you looking to take a class for? [one night a week over a 9 or so weeks vs every day for a week]
    Are you looking to learn for fun or do you want a course that can lead to some sort of diploma/degree course further down the line?

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm 25 and a total newbie although I did some art classes in the first year of secondary school. I'm mainly looking for an evening class after work once or twice a week, for any period of time (8 weeks, 10 etc. ) I'm initially starting for fun to see how I get on. If it's something that I truely enjoy then I'd love to take it further. Is there anything you could recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GregLong

Why not sign up to a beginners evening course in NCAD on Thomas street in September?:D

Advertisement