Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Columbine by Dave Cullen

Options
  • 18-06-2009 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Got this book last week and am tearing through it. It is brilliant reporting and I recommend anyone interested in the shootings or investigative reporting in general to check it out. Super insight into the killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold's minds and lives, and all they touched too.
    Any one reading it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 darkest star2379

hey
    thats a book i would dearly love to read
    is it available in irish shops (easons or anywhere)

i highly suggest you watch zero hour columbine and the columbine killers on youtube..

i also suggest you listen to a "william k zabel" interview about what REALLY happened....(and trust me....i was rivetted for 2 and a half hours)

columbine cause .....on youtube

and various other websites of eye witness accounts from students INSIDE THE SCHOOL who reported extra shooters with harris and klebold and reports of loads of extra gunfire after they shot themselves..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I got it in Hughes and Hughes back in the day. Nothing in it about extra shooters apart from the fact that students saw Harris and Klebold in trench coats and they discarded these later causing some to say there were 3 or 4 shooters.
    Most of the killings happened on camera so there aren't that many conspiracy theories standing up. Harris had initially tried to fire bomb the school but had trouble with the detonators so went in shooting instead. Had the bomb worked many hundreds would have been killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 darkest star2379

oh no doubt klebold and harris were the two trenchcoach boys but the only thing about it is over 100 students identify other shooters BY NAME!!!
    theres a huge difference in my view..
    i dont want to labelled a conspriacy theorist ....but its a well shared view that more was going on .

-students identifying a man with blue jeans and a white button shirt firing pipe bonbs on the roof
    -another shooter identified by extremly bad acne ..and by name
    -no camera feed showing what went on in the halls
    -camera feed in the librabry destroyed ....
    -student nick voss saw two groups firing at each other outside the library.
    -doctor who was first on the scene said the two shooters had their trench coats on....yet when k and h shot themselves ..the picture (im sure ya seen it) shows them without...thats messing with a crime scene
    -shoots fired as late as 3 o clock.....but who were the cops firing at
    -a police ballistic report shows spent shell casings from cops and almost none from harris and klebold all over the cafeteria and halls beside the library.
    -jeffco confimred 18 dead bodies...not estimating...confirmed other bodies.
    -dan rohrboughs autopsy shows bullet wounds hitting his body at a trejectory of "4 o clock to 11 o clock" ..yet harris and klebold were above hin on the stairs when they shot him.

anyway listen bud....not forcing that on ya....im not a conspricay theorist.....but for me ..harris and klebold were not alone....and people who saw other shooters and named them cant be discredited.

im in the dubllin at the weekend and im gonna try and find that book
    cheers
    star

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Sorry to open an old thread. Just finished the book. Have to say it is one of the best reads I have ever experienced. Though the material about the boys is so disgusting, their views of others, etc. Cullen keeps it factual and takes into account as much information as possible.

Would definately recommend it to anyone, only thing I would warn, I felt heartbroken at the lact of humanity in some parts!

I have spent the last 2 days on google and youtube researching all I could about it, pics of the victims, the boys, the school during and after the shootings, it gives you a better sense of it all.

I am surprised at the sheer resilience of some obsurd theories that have remained to this day, but that is the power of the media for you!

Once again sorry for opening an old thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

and various other websites of eye witness accounts from students INSIDE THE SCHOOL who reported extra shooters with harris and klebold and reports of loads of extra gunfire after they shot themselves..

The book highlights SWAT admitting to having to open fire to open locked doors and the like. It is a very detailed account, and I am sure if there was ANY one else the cops would have wanted to get them for it, they needed someone to throw to the wolves that were the distressed victims and families of the deceased!

The video footage shows only the two lads, and their writings only mentioning others to get stuff for them but not to take part, along with the fact that eye witnesses under immense stress do not think or remember anything correctly, would imply they were alone in the act. All their close friends are accounted for at the time of the shooting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Excellent book. Read it a while back after ordering over Amazon. Was not what I was expecting at all; was expecting something far more sensationalist than what was put on offer.

The given insights, the reporting and the interviews are all excellent and nothing is told in any way to lessen the blow or the force; everything is told in a stark and honest manner.

Anyone who has ever had even a passing interest or curiousity about this harrowing tragedy in American modern history would do well to pick up a copy of this book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Just to go back to some of the comments here about conspiracy theories and what "actually happened". Cullen and the witnesses make so little noise about any such happenings in the book that really it is only after reading this thread and snooping around on the net that I became aware of any.
    Really doubt there is anything to it apart from confusion from the witnesses POV.
    Book seems quite conclusive.

Advertisement