Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should waxing last?

Options
  • 18-06-2009 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I has legs bikini waxed two weeks ago. Leg hair has started to grow back already but considering I usually shave I understand this. However my bikini grew back quite alot by the end of the first wk and some of it had never been waxed or shaved before!

Should I go back and complain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

It takes a while for the hair growth to slow down. Perseverance is the key.

When i first started waxing the hair growth returned after about 2 weeks. I had quite dark hair at the start so when it returned after 2 weeks it was a bit of a pain in the neck.

After 5 years of waxing my hair growth has slowed dramatically and although it will start to re-grow after about 3 weeks the hairs are much lighter in colour and texture so its not even noticable. I still wax every 4-6 weeks though.

Bear in mind that hair grows back faster in summer time. I dont know why, but it does.

In winter i my hair growth is only noticable after about 4 weeks.

My bikini hair always grows back faster than elsewhere but again, it gets lighter over time.

Its worth the wait though in the long term as my hairs are much softer and lighter than they were before.

also- if you exfoliate daily you prevent ingrown hairs and also softens the hairs quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

everyone's hair growth is different and there is no reason to complain there...
    they can't stop your hair from growing. waxing is not a permanent solution and getting a week or two out of a bikini wax is great considering shaving would only last 1 day if even that.
    if that doesn't suit you could try laser or there are hair minimising creams you can use tho i've never tried them so cant comment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

But beautitians tell clients it sould last 4 - 6 weeks. Surely this is fall selling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

mood wrote: »
    But beautitians tell clients it sould last 4 - 6 weeks. Surely this is fall selling!

i've never had a beautician tell me that - they usually say you need to come back no later than 6 weeks or else you're back to what it was before you ever had it done....it would never stay hair free for that long sorry
    maybe you misheard or she mis informed you

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

you have to have a bit of growth back before you can wax again so if it lasts 2-3 weeks you still need to give it 1-2 weeks to have enough growth for your next wax (depending on individual).

as i said- the hairs grow back finer and take longer to grow as you wax over time. The benefits of waxing are only found after perseverance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement