Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not turning up for an exam

Options
  • 17-06-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Strange question:

If one doesn't turn up to one's exam, does it have an NG on the results page or do they just completley omit it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It wont be on the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

there was another tread on this a few days ago. Can't remember title. Jist was that if the exam you miss has no other component like a practical or oral that you have already sat then there is nothing beside the subject. It is as if you never entered for the exam.

If you have done a % of this subject already as a practical/oral then that mark is given as a percentage of the total and there is an asterix beside the subject indicating that the mark does not represent the entire examinable component. So say it was irish you missed and you had 15/20 already for the oral, well that would now be 15/100, which is an F i think, and F would appear beside irish on your cert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

A friend of mine slept it out for the science exam in the JC. He had the project thing completed and handed up but when he got the results there was not a mention of Science on the result sheet. This was the JC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

feck sake I have to go for stupid music, I might have passed it already though. I'll just go in and write some **** down but it's not over until 6, whhhyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Bear in mind you'll probably never be asked for an actual copy of the results for any job - at least I don't know of anyone who was ever asked for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

aoibhebree wrote: »
    Bear in mind you'll probably never be asked for an actual copy of the results for any job - at least I don't know of anyone who was ever asked for it!

Most employer double check your results when they ring the school principal for references. I know a secondary school principal and he gets many calls each week from potential employers looking for references and Leaving Cert results.

Advertisement