Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC 2 may have just invented the perfect night on the box

Options
  • 17-06-2009 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This sunday. Don't phone, don't call round.

7:30pm Oz and James Drink to Britain
    Oz Clarke and James May travel through Britain and Ireland to discover the amazing array of drinks on offer. They start their journey on top of the White Cliffs and travel north to Yorkshire and Derbyshire to discover exactly what goes into a pint of beer. Oz tracks down one of the most northerly commercial vineyards in the country, and for the final part of the first leg of their trip they take to the rails, enjoying the beers in a string of real ale pubs located on station platforms.

8:00pm Top Gear
    Motoring news and views. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compete in an epic London-to-Edinburgh race, setting out to discover what Top Gear might have been like 60 years ago. James grabs himself a gorgeous old Jaguar XK120 sports car, while Richard chooses to torture himself on the Vincent Black Shadow motorbike, and Jeremy takes the Tornado, a new steam train built to the blueprints used to create some of Britain's finest locomotives in the heyday of the railways.

9:00pm James May on the Moon
    James May commemorates the 40th anniversary of the Apollo moon landings. He meets three of the men who walked on the moon, before experiencing the thrill of weightlessness, and the bone-crushing G forces of a Saturn V rocket launch. Finally, he puts on his own space suit and flies to the edge of space in a U2 spy plane, where he looks down at the curvature of the earth, and upwards into the black infinity of space.

10:00pm Empire Of Cricket (okay, James May isn't starring in this one!)
    Series telling the story of cricket. This episode looks at the Indian game, from its beginnings as the sport of the English colonisers to the riches and razzmatazz of today's Indian Premier League. The programme shows a country where cricket is the undisputed national sport, with deep connections to India's emergence as a nation through years of Empire, Partition and then Independence. Today, a brash new confidence on the cricket pitch reflects India's arrival as a super power in the world.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

7.30 - yawn

8.00 - yay

9.00 - yay

10.00 - yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

First 3- great, especially top gear. As for the cricket, id rather have acupuncture... on my eyeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If anyone has BBC4 you can flick over after James May on the Moon Part 1 to watch Part 2 at 10!!!:D:D:D

And if you don't have BBC4....well, sorry...

Enjoy the cricket!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I presume they are showing the BBC4 prog on BBC2 next week?

Oh I'd say so. :)

Just for those who can't wait....

Or would like to stick needles in their eyes before watching cricket...

You know...it's your call...:pac:

• Advertisement

Cricket is the great civilised game, its like therapy for the fevered brow. Ambient sport when played over 5 days in the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

mike65 wrote: »
    Cricket is the great civilised game, its like therapy for the fevered brow. Ambient sport when played over 5 days in the sun.

Don't bother, you'll never enlighten them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

is it back or is that repeat?

New series (of top gear)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Father Stone

Top Gear is legendary!!!

• Advertisement

Top Gear is legendary!!!

Hells yeah!!!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I've read this thread about six times and it's still the same feeling.

Cricket, really Mike, cricket? really?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

was at the recording of sundays show yesterday , to say its going to be one of the best ones would be an understatement ! one not to miss !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Top Gear is legendary!!!

Well this IS the Top Gear forum, so thats going to be a common point of view now isnt it? :p

As for cricket? YAWN :rolleyes:

Joe Gt wrote: »
    was at the recording of sundays show yesterday , to say its going to be one of the best ones would be an understatement ! one not to miss !

how long does it take etc etc

Joe Gt wrote: »

I heard someone blabbed over the net a load of details over the recording.

Final Gear went into chaos over it.

Some idiot of a blogger wrote who the SIARPC was in big bold letters on his page...which ruffled some feathers....

God, hate when people pull crap like that!!:mad:

I don't know who it is btw. I managed to avoid the site...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

was there in the hanger for about 4 hours in total with about 600 others ! was a good laugh , Clarkson interacted well with the crowd and was up for a laugh , May and Hammond were very quite until the cameras were on him ,

I'll only say this to the non belivers - James May would play cricket. Though as far as I can tell, he doesn't. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

mike65 wrote: »
    I'll only say this to the non belivers - James May would play cricket. Though as far as I can tell, he doesn't. :(

No he would not :mad:

Agreed.

I'm pretty sure he's said before that he's not into sports.

Please do not associate the lovely Mr. May with such a painful sport. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Finally, a night devoted to James May. this is like all my christmasses at once!

Oh yeah and cars, science blah blah blah

and i went to watch that and its he sayd hte bit about him in the u2 is on bbc4 tmw, is it on bbc2 next week?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Enjoyed the space programme. May's such an excellent host for those things; he's got Clarkson's enthusiasm but better technical knowledge, and he seems a bit more affable with the ground crews.

Advertisement