Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can my husband pick up the dole for me?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Does anyone know the answer to the above?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

No. If you are "available for work" you are available to collect your socie.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

No, you must collect the payment yourself,however you don't have to collect it on Friday you can always collect on Saturday before 1 o'clock or even on Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭EastWallGirl

I collect on Thursday!

What happens for those that say move back down the country, do they move office as well?

What if your MIL is treating you both to a holiday (she is paying). Can I claim it back/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dOOb

I collect on Thursday!

What happens for those that say move back down the country, do they move office as well?

What if your MIL is treating you both to a holiday (she is paying). Can I claim it back/

"A person may receive Jobseeker's Benefit or Jobseeker's Allowance for 2 weeks holidays (i.e. 12 days excluding Sundays) in any calendar year. These holidays may be taken abroad.

The person is required to inform the Local Office 2 weeks in advance of their departure and to complete form UP 30. All holiday payments should be made retrospectively, upon confirmation of the position when the person signs on again (on the next normal signing day after their return). If a person goes on holiday for longer than 2 weeks, they may be paid in respect of the first two weeks, but should not receive payment for any period abroad in excess of this."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭EastWallGirl

Thanks so much to all you for getting back to me.

I know it sounds strange but I want to do the right thing but I also do not want to leave myself at a disadvantage, get what I am allowed, no more.

So thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement