Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Rathfarnham but working in Swords?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am looking to move to Butterfield Ave in Rathfarnham but was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take me to travel to Swords for work? I am fully aware that each morning the traffic reports describe just how awful the M50 and M1 are but could there be a 'good' time to leave?

Any info would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Urk. Big trip. "Good" times to travel are outside of 7.30am - 9.30am and 4.30pm - 7.00pm.

On Fridays, the M50 traffic builds from lunchtime. On good weekends, it'll be busy by 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

seamus wrote: »
    Urk. Big trip. "Good" times to travel are outside of 7.30am - 9.30am and 4.30pm - 7.00pm.

On Fridays, the M50 traffic builds from lunchtime. On good weekends, it'll be busy by 2pm.

Do you have to live in Rathfarnham? Seriously, if you were to commute to Swords from there, you'd have to have a car and even then, you'd be spending the best part of two hours a day driving, whether through town or via the M50. Your whole working week will be dictated by the commute.
    Now, the distance from Rathfarnham to Swords is alright, it takes me 30 minutes or so on the M50 at the weekends, but no way would I do it during the week.

When I worked in Swords, I was living in D7 and if I missed the 7.10 bus from NCR to get the 41 from the quays, that automaticallymade me late for work at 9. Swords itself isn't too bad if you're driving up from town.

Live on the Northside and save yourself hours of driving grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I think that there was someone commuting from Rathfarnam to Swords on Dublin Bus + Swords Express (our service). It depends what part of Swords you're going to as well. I would not recommend living in Rathfarnam if you want to work in Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Summer01

Thanks for all who replied. Yip, I didn't think it would be the best place! So I have gone back to the map and am considering Clontarf - completely different to Rathfarnham! So was wondering if the traffic up to the M1 is hectic? Am I going against it? Kind of figure if I can miss out the M50 and only have to tackle the M1, I might remain sane!

Advertisement