Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertical Tragus

Options
  • 17-06-2009 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey all!

Okay, so last year I went to my local (trusted and pierced here many times!!) piercing place to get a vertical tragus done. I asked for a surface bar, but the woman had no proper surface bars (small studio), either that or or thought they were a bad idea, because she decided to pierce me with a curved barbell.

I went along with it because I figured it'd last a few months and I could get used to the idea/placement and I might end up finding it a nuisance with long hair anyway.

Well the day came 6 months down the road and me and my tragus had to part ways. :( I was expecting it to grow out eventually, but I didn't think I would become so attatched to it. :p Here is a picture a month or so after it had been done to give people an idea of what I'm talking about.

What I'm wondering is, is it actually possible to get this done with a "proper" surface bar (no curved bars!!) and if so, is it possible to get it to last longer than 6 months or even to heal it completely?

If you think it is, does anyone have any suggestions of places to get this done- preferably in the Dublin area?

It was a great little piercing and I'm even looking into alternatives such as a double dermal punch etc.... :rolleyes:

Any help is really appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Being a surface piercing in a place that actually moves a lot more than you'd think, you did well to keep it for the 6 months I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

Now that you mention it... I guess it does move a lot. Every time I speak. How did I not notice that??!

Do you think it would last longer with a proper surface bar? And failing that, could I get it re pierced through the scar tissue if it fails again? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Possibly, but it will most likely not last either...

Chewing is when that part of your face would experience the most movement, because the muscles for moving your jaw clench at that part of your face when you do.

Advertisement