Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home kit chemical peels

Options
  • 17-06-2009 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

I know it sounds scary but I've been researching home kit chemical peels online and while they are not as strong as what you would get done professionally they still over time do a great job in some cases. I have acne scars which my lovely new doctor decided to point out to me this week despite me going to her for something entirely different so I wasn't happy with her as she was more interested in promoting it than actually dealing with what I went to her for in the first place! She does chemical peels so is obviously trying to sell her own product. However at 400 euro for just four sessions I can't afford that but am still interested in looking in to it to do it myself. The home kits aren't as strong as clinic ones obviously, has anyone tried one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

No havn't tried one but sounds a bit scary to me- remember Samantha in sex and the city?? I had a small scar and used bio-oil which helped it dissappear almost completely, don't know if it's any good for acne though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

Corb wrote: »
    I know it sounds scary but I've been researching home kit chemical peels online and while they are not as strong as what you would get done professionally they still over time do a great job in some cases. I have acne scars which my lovely new doctor decided to point out to me this week despite me going to her for something entirely different so I wasn't happy with her as she was more interested in promoting it than actually dealing with what I went to her for in the first place! She does chemical peels so is obviously trying to sell her own product. However at 400 euro for just four sessions I can't afford that but am still interested in looking in to it to do it myself. The home kits aren't as strong as clinic ones obviously, has anyone tried one?

Hi there is a product by Vichy its a microdermabrasion kit (spelling?) and its really good for acne...there is a really thorough scrub in there its almost like rubbing a sand paste on your face - i use it and think its great for fading acne scars gradually...i was planning on gettin laser skin resurfacing myself for acne scarring but decided i'm not paying 500+ euro for a temporary solution (because spots reappear and leave new scars so all the job is undone) but i have also had an AHA facial done its €55 where i get it done - i go in for it every month or two and that takes a thin layer of skin off lightening the scars more so if you dont want to fork out hundreds I hope you look into these recommendations first ;)
    I've also gone into a 'cosmetic clinic' where they have this laser/light machine and she quoted me 1500€ for 4 or 5 sessions and was waiting for me to give her a deposit - ridiculous. I since received an email from them to come in and try the treatment for only 50 euro for my first session - so dont be in a hurry to turn out your pockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Home chemical Peels aren't as strong as medical ones though so I don't think you'd get a Samantha incident if you did what the instructions say properly. Can you buy a chemical peel or glycolic acid in a pharmacy or does it have to be online?

Advertisement