Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport petrol station without going via the terminal

Options
  • 17-06-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

Was trying to get to the DUblin Airport Petrol Station (The Esso) this evening to meet someone. The only way I could find to get to it was via the departures terminal.

Have I missed something or is this how it is with the roadworks?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Instead of going up the ramp, you could hoof round the right behind the short stay car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I did notice the left for terminal or right for short stay ... but the short stay sign didn't suggest an exit so I assumed it would bring me straight into the short stay and then I'd have to pay to get out. I thought wrong?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Random wrote: »
    I did notice the left for terminal or right for short stay ... but the short stay sign didn't suggest an exit so I assumed it would bring me straight into the short stay and then I'd have to pay to get out. I thought wrong?

Nearly 100% sure you can loop through there, theres definitely a way for pre-booked taxis and buses to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

MYOB wrote: »
    Nearly 100% sure you can loop through there, theres definitely a way for pre-booked taxis and buses to do it.

The prebooked taxis have to pay like any other motorist that uses the place to park ,,,,
    In answer to the OP if you had followed the signs that said EXIT you would have got to the ESSO quicker

I came off the M50 and merged with the M1.
    I came left off that toward the airport.
    I went straight through the roundabout where you have the option of left for long term or straight on.
    I then swung a right toward the terminal where I had a left to go off "in some other direction".
    I swung a left for the terminal where I had left for terminal or right for short stay car park.

Where did I go wrong?

• Advertisement

I came off the M50 and merged with the M1.
    I came left off that toward the airport.
    I went straight through the roundabout where you have the option of left for long term or straight on.
    I then swung a right toward the terminal where I had a left to go off "in some other direction".
    I swung a left for the terminal where I had left for terminal or right for short stay car park.

Where did I go wrong?

You didnt read the signs then ,,theres a sign that says short term car park / exit ,,,you should have followed them ,,,,not too worry you're home now anyway !

You didnt read the signs then ,,theres a sign that says short term car park / exit ,,,you should have followed them ,,,,not too worry you're home now anyway !
    Is this the last junction before departures?

There's the hill up to departures. Just before this there's a set of lights.

Just back from this is the left / right option for terminal or short term. Are you saying this is where I should have taken the "exit" option toward short term?

I didn't see an exit sign - trying to work out where I went wrong.

Is this the last junction before departures?

There's the hill up to departures. Just before this there's a set of lights.

Just back from this is the left / right option for terminal or short term. Are you saying this is where I should have taken the "exit" option toward short term?

I didn't see an exit sign - trying to work out where I went wrong.

Yup

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yeah, take the right before the hill.

I'm nearly 100% sure there was no "exit" label on the sign ... will have to look again next time.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 _RoSy_

Hey,

You can avoid the terminal and all the chaos at the airport altogether if you loop around by the old SR Technics building. Here's a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=53.429736,-6.23075&spn=0.018359,0.055618&z=15&msid=104045681310798888446.00046c92c2d470c7b2981

Brings you out at the roundabout just before the garage at the airport.

There's some pretty nasty speed-bumps on the road but if you want to beat the traffic to the garage it might be useful!

R.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

One of the old classics was to pull into the Forte hotel (or whatever its called now) then drive around the card park to the other exit, the fly across the road into the garage via the exit. Handy enough and regularly done by vehicles coming from the gardening farm.

In other news the exit is being closed off from the Maxol there (it'll always be the Maxol to me), traffic will exit onto the back road and use the roundabout to get back out of the airport in the future.

Advertisement