Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad ?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone going to miss any subjects?

I am going to miss classical studies. Like I remember my Christmas exams in 1st year, it was the first result I got back, 94, since then had remained my best and favorite subject.

I think I'll also miss history and physics. Both were good crack.

There is a minor possibility I'll miss some parts of maths... Like probability and ****.

Comments

The good thing is that nothing's stopping you from continuing to read into each subject. Pick up some Greek plays or epics, get yourself a physics book, and learn probability theory. It's a good thing when school sparks an interest in something because, honestly, that's when your education will begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Heck yes!
    Totally going to miss my music classes! We only had six in the class, and we were the ones that really were interested in music, we were so close. Really going to miss it. And my English teacher too.
    She was a genius and a nutter at the same time, loved her!

But then again I will be studying music next year, but still it's just not going to be the same. .

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Maybe history, apart from that god no!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 CallMeDoctor

ya gonna miss chemistry reli lyked it bu hopefully in college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

True Jammy, I probably will do some history and classics in casual time. And play cards, sure thats probability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I'm actually going to miss maths... I love the way that it's such a change from other subjects, so it's great to study when you get tired of other subjects. You're actually doing something, as opposed to reading information....

Goodbye maths :(

(as bad as it sounds really hope my brother needs help with maths next year :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I liked the kind of paper 1 stuff in english but i wont really miss it.. Ill miss biology and some bits of maths but ill be doin science in college.. Wont really miss that much to be honest unless some of my close friends dont go college in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I'll miss more the atmosphere in the classes than the subjects.
    But I can see where you're coming from. It will be weird not to do maths or irish again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

I think the point is that the subjects you are going to miss are the ones you do in college?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

Well, personally, I've been watching physics and maths lectures on youtube, working on my book and also translating a German novel. There's nothing stopping you from enjoying the "learning" that you like.

• Advertisement

Dumbledore wrote: »
    I think the point is that the subjects you are going to miss are the ones you do in college?

No, for me it's the opposite! Want to do Law and French, so I'm going to miss maths/sciencey subjects.....

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

subject i miss is construction studies prob because the teacher was as dry as yal find - great craic!. maths and physics were great because we had a legend of a teacher! absolute genius and good craic, used go to school for them classes. hed be teachin physics and explainin something and wed end up egttin nothin done he go of on a tangent about nearly anything - physchology, mathematicians.
    reme,ber one time in maths he asked us to get the formula for the volume of a pyramid and €50 for the person to hand him the right answer!:D he forgot to mention not to use the internet! next mornin 6 of us had the answer - i didnt get the money, friend got it! ah good times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

Yeah I think I'll miss chemistry..........Hahahahahahaha!!!....Oh god I even had myself convinced!! Emm...no...although I might miss a bit of the music.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

God no.

Although I'm going to miss my History teacher a lot, he was so cool and we got on really well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 QuoiFaireX

yeah french, love the language! would love to study it in college but you cant really mix psychology and french...!?

QuoiFaireX wrote: »
    yeah french, love the language! would love to study it in college but you cant really mix psychology and french...!?

You could study psychology on its own, and do a diploma in French on the side as far as i know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

German classes... Yeah I'm doing German next year no matter what choice I get, but it won't be the same! We had the best damn German teacher in the whole universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

English, History and Economics. Loved all of those subjects. I'm really going to miss my English teacher too though. He had such a similar mindset to me! But oh well, at least I got to thank them all for the 2 years of good teaching. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Im going to miss my biology teacher and the class (have the best memories from that class! <3)
    im going to miss math because there is a set way to do things. i duno. theres instructions and you follow them. i like that.
    Im going to miss business because i had a great teacher and it destressed me when people pissed me off. Im gonna miss it.
    Sns because the teacher was amazing. she's only young and would talk to us normally like, she told us how her boyfriend proposed to her over the summer and what colours shes thinkin about for dresses and stuff and would give us chocolate days and pancake days just because:P

I think the teacher has to be great and enjoy their subject in order for you to love it! the love of the subject rubs off onto you!
    You guys are making me miss school now </3 LOL im a sap:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

Ill miss my japanese classes with only 4 people in the class and the best teacher you could ever find!We had tea parties!!:DI also love the language and will defo do it as an extra horizon thing next year if i go to UCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

QuoiFaireX wrote: »

Why not go on an exchange during college?

I'll miss Chemistry the most. It's sad. I like the subject but I picked TP so I get to do more maths instead of science. Also, my maths class in general. I've had that teacher for the last 6 years. He had a really quirky way of teaching maths but it was awesome. Learning maths won't be the same from some other person.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

history.............sob.

i love it. when i came out of the exam, i felt as though there was some large void in my gut, and i embarrassed me and my friends by wailing and gnashing my teeth and taking out all my history books and rubbing and licking them outside supervalu. even i was disturbed. i had to eat a banana to calm myself, but that didnt work, and it was like being in a deep and dark and terrible pit with no escape or hope with snakes slithering around my subconsciousness, and that i would die, right there.

but then i remembered that im doing it in college, so i went home and studied for biology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

lol, my Lc opinions was full of drama...didn't get all the opinions i wanted , business, acc, physic, music, art as a bk up . but ended up with business,acc, home ec, ag ec, applied maths =O

i picked business = love it, and will do it for college

home ec , what can i say , they threw a person who never ever did home ec into the 5th yr home ec class..haha , meant to be meant to be, i actually end up loving it:p

ag ec = god the best decision i have ever made in my life!! it was really worth it, what can i say

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

I'll miss my tiny music class but I'm doing french and english in college..

:)

Advertisement