Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading to sky+ as an existing customer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭strongman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Im in the same boat as you, because my house does not have a name or a number I was thinking of using a different name aswell.
    It works

Any more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sflandango

strongman god bless you.I just rang up the unsubscribe hot line and told them to get me outta there.It was only at the last moment that he told me he can have an engineer at my house friday to install sky+ for 24.50!!Nice one!!

sflandango wrote: »
    strongman god bless you.I just rang up the unsubscribe hot line and told them to get me outta there.It was only at the last moment that he told me he can have an engineer at my house friday to install sky+ for 24.50!!Nice one!!

Great news, how long did it take (before they cracked?)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sflandango

I gave it to them about having been a sky customer for years and always paying my bills on time etc..I also said that I felt i was being exploited and taken advantage of because they already had me in.I pointed out that the new customer who they would be enticed into replacing me with their 49 bucks offer might take some time to find in these times.All these points are very valid now that i write them down actually!!Im happy though!!!

• Advertisement

Yesterday, after a few minutes on the phone, I got SKY+ for 49euro,
    49 for the box and free installation (normally 99 for the box and 100 for installation, 199 euro total) after putting forward the same argument as sflandango.

Pretty happy :D

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

How much is it per month for you guys?? Might try my hand at this haggling...:D

DB10 wrote: »
    How much is it per month for you guys?? Might try my hand at this haggling...:D

Im on the whole package thing (Sky movies and sports) 69.50 euro I think.

Were you quoted a figure for the cost of skyplus per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Skyplus does not cost anything per month once you are a subscriber of any sort...you are only paying for the box upgrade and LNB installation.

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    Skyplus does not cost anything per month once you are a subscriber of any sort...you are only paying for the box upgrade and LNB installation.
    Nice....:D

Advertisement