Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hairy problem.

Options
  • 17-06-2009 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

this has probably come up before but Im new ish to Boards. short while back there was a lot of debate re. bioxet/ hair removal. Dont think it works. So , needle electrolosis.......does it work permanently and is it expensive. hope someone can enlighten me. I have fair hair problem on me mug.....a lot of the feckin stuff, HELP. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

ive never had it done but my beautician recommends it. Its not as expensive as laser hair removal.

Your beautician may possibly offer it- or ring around for prices. PM me if you want the details of my own beautician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

LauraLoo wrote: »
    ive never had it done but my beautician recommends it. Its not as expensive as laser hair removal.

Your beautician may possibly offer it- or ring around for prices. PM me if you want the details of my own beautician

got an appointment in a salon re next wed . I will see how I get on , thanks. :)

I came across this hair removal system called epiladerm. com on u tube. Sugaring is used to remove the hair -regardless of colour- and then two seperate lotions are rubbed into the treated area, the lotions seep into the root area of the hair and after a few applications the hair dies, looks not too painful and if the claims are correct , fab. thing is I cant find anyone treating in ireland. love some feedback. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Threads merged

janeybabe wrote: »
    Threads merged

oh, first time this one for me . sorry. do i edit the thread out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

valery wrote: »
    oh, first time this one for me . sorry. do i edit the thread out ?

No need to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gerrimac

valery wrote: »
    I came across this hair removal system called epiladerm. com on u tube. Sugaring is used to remove the hair -regardless of colour- and then two seperate lotions are rubbed into the treated area, the lotions seep into the root area of the hair and after a few applications the hair dies, looks not too painful and if the claims are correct , fab. thing is I cant find anyone treating in ireland. love some feedback. :)

Valerie,
    Thank you for mentioning Epiladerm. I am presently scouring the internet to see if anyone in Ireland does this treatment. I spent a fortune on lazer treatments -they told me to shave inbetween treatments, which I did and now I have a far worse problem than before) Electrolysis is too expensive.
    If you find out first who does it in Ireland or where the product can be bought, please let me know.

gerrimac wrote: »
    Valerie,
    Thank you for mentioning Epiladerm. I am presently scouring the internet to see if anyone in Ireland does this treatment. I spent a fortune on lazer treatments -they told me to shave inbetween treatments, which I did and now I have a far worse problem than before) Electrolysis is too expensive.
    If you find out first who does it in Ireland or where the product can be bought, please let me know.

sure , will do . we are not as slow as we used to be in introducing new treatments into Ireland for whatever ailments/etc. I will keep a weather eye open and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Is there anything a doctor can do? If you're really hairy, and epilating or waxing regularly doesn't do the trick, I'm sure a GP can help. My pill for acne is also indicated for excessive hair growth in the leaflet. Obviously you need to talk to a GP or pharmacist first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gerrimac

Thank you Valerie and Lizzyvera.

Perhaps I will ask the doc if there is any medication for it... I did ask about it before and he referred me to a clinic in Dublin for lazer, but it was too expensive at the time.
    After that, I found a beauty clinic in my own area offering lazer for all hair types, but they lied to me... They said it worked on people with my colouring.... It didn't! Cost a fortune and left me with a worse problem as previously stated!

At present I thread, pluck and shave!:o

• Advertisement

lizzyvera wrote: »
    Is there anything a doctor can do? If you're really hairy, and epilating or waxing regularly doesn't do the trick, I'm sure a GP can help. My pill for acne is also indicated for excessive hair growth in the leaflet. Obviously you need to talk to a GP or pharmacist first.

yes , waxing etc. does the trick but only for a while. Ive been to my gp many moons ago and there was no underlying problem /hormonal etc. I just produce superfluous hair, light growth under my nose and below my ears, some women just suffer these abnormalities/problems and deal with them as best as poss.
    the old reliables are sometimes permanent but painful and expensive. Sugaring/epiladerm should be available soon here and looks good. :)

Advertisement