Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I NEED SONGS!!!!

Options
  • 17-06-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I am interested in any songwriters with a super pop tune.

I am talking fast rockin pop for a male solo artist e.g robbie williams or paolo nutini esque!!

There is some good money to be made here pm me with details eg myspace youtube or for an address to send a demo.

Everything will be registered in your name with IMRO. you will not lose any song rights.

i need a big selection so more is appreciated.

Cheers

Fip.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 donkeypop

Fippy, do you have a record deal? Are you recording an indepdent album? Are you gigging? Do you have a MySpace or YouTube demo or you singing Robbie Williams or Paulo Nutini songs (or songs in that style)?

Perhaps you should explain the opportunity you are offering with a few more facts and a little less bluster?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Do you play an instrument?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭fippy

Im getting good responses here people keep em coming.

Im not currently in a situation to discuss what the songs are being used for.

If your song is chosen you will make a great deal of money.

Yes i play few instruments.

If your song is chosen you will make a great deal of money.

Ah Fippy,

Be serious, would you? If there is a great deal of money to be made you'd be able to hire professional songwriters or go to a publishing house and acquire top-notch material.

You'd do better be a little bit more honest. It's highly unusual and suspect to ask for songs from people and not tell them what they are for.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭fippy

I am not willing to discuss this on an open message board. So far you have been the only person not to produce a song or any material.

I have heard some great songs over the past few days and there are some front runners. I have explained in full to the artists who have made it this far.

If you would like to know more send forward on some material and i would be more than happy to let you know if it's what were looking for, hell if its not i'll tell you anyway.

fip.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

fippy wrote: »
    I am not willing to discuss this on an open message board. So far you have been the only person not to produce a song or any material.

I have heard some great songs over the past few days and there are some front runners. I have explained in full to the artists who have made it this far.

If you would like to know more send forward on some material and i would be more than happy to let you know if it's what were looking for, hell if its not i'll tell you anyway.

fip.

In fairness Fippy your opening post did come across as a bit of a pig in a poke and with so little posts on this site (not just forum) suspicions could easily be aroused. I know mine were and thought Donkeypop's questions very good and justified.

So how's this all coming along for you?
    Do you mind if people that have sent you material from making contact on this site were to talk about their experience in dealing with you and how it's going for them?
    This isn't a trick question, I'm genuinely interested.

Hope all goes well for you and those involved.

fippy wrote: »
    I am not willing to discuss this on an open message board.

Fair enough. Why don't you send me a PM with the full details of your plan?

I was only interested as it's very rare for someone to come onto an obscure forum like this (or any of the other music forums) and offer people the chance to make a lot of money (it's usually "join my band") and, as a songwriter, I was wondering how you were able to offer such a thing (which is why I asked about record deals etc.)

I note that not long ago you were looking to join a band, so how have you gone from "looking to join a band (offering yourself as a frontman)" to "I'll make you a lot of money" in a short space of time? (you can PM me the answer, and I will respect your privacy).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Locked for nonsense. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement