Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB PREMIUM TV DOES ANYONE USE IT?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Does anybody here subscrible to mlb ptrmium tv am thinking of getting it to view all the mets games. Does anyone know if you get the same content here as someone would it america?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yes, in fact you get more as we don't have any games blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I'd say nearly all the posters here subscribe to it.

Can't follow baseball from Ireland without it imo. Even with the worlds worst customer care it's still worth every penny.

Mad_Max wrote: »

Can't follow baseball from Ireland without it imo. Even with the worlds worst customer care it's still worth every penny.

Did you follow the nonsense on the MLB forum when the condensed games were shrank to 7 minutes? Talk about ridicuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I dunno, I'm only on the basic MLB.tv and I follow it fine. I haven't the bandwidth for a HD picture and no need to watch more than one game at a time.

Is the premium option worth the extra money? Am I missing out?

zuutroy wrote: »
    Did you follow the nonsense on the MLB forum when the condensed games were shrank to 7 minutes? Talk about ridicuous.

I didn't notice the problem for a couple weeks so only really saw the end of it. Went back to the start and seen the same aul B.S excuses from them. What was their reason anyway?
    8-10 wrote: »
    I dunno, I'm only on the basic MLB.tv and I follow it fine. I haven't the bandwidth for a HD picture and no need to watch more than one game at a time.

No sorry I meant any option even the basic. Nah there's not much diff really. Depends what you want I guess. I got it in a combo with espn mag

• Advertisement

I didn't notice the problem for a couple weeks so only really saw the end of it. Went back to the start and seen the same aul B.S excuses from them. What was their reason anyway?

based on customer feedback apparently! The reality is that they launched the CG on the iphone and didn't want them so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

cool i think i will go ahead and sign up many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

8-10 wrote: »

I have the premium and I don't watch more than one game at a time. I think it is worth the extra because of the better picture. Once you get used to the so-called "HD" (it's pretty high def for an Internet stream), it's tough to watch the basic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

It says you can pay by PayPal, but really you need a credit card either way... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Toulousain wrote: »
    It says you can pay by PayPal, but really you need a credit card either way... :(

You can use 3v vouchers (3v.ie) with PayPal. Or just pay directly with 3v, I think that's how I payed this year's subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

its something like $14.95 for the rest of the season

Watching Giants V Padres now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭boccy23

Didn't check but I presume this will not include Post season?

Is there a Post season version?

to be honest I can't remember if there was last year. The package lets you listen to postseason games but last year I had NASN so didn't need it ....but that's eh not available to me anymore *cough* ;) so I sincerely hope there is a postseason version.

That being said there are alternatives on the net for streaming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭boccy23

Streaming is grand for big ball games, but not sure about Baseball.

I used to stream every game when I was living in new york and that stooopid blackout rule meant I couldn't get the MLB package.

Was good enough, defo a helluva lot better than listening to it.

Advertisement