Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Box Accordion player

Options
  • 17-06-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good session box accordion player in the North Dublin area?

Working on an album at the moment and the box accordion will be dominant on one track in particular so we need someone who is very capable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Hi, im grade 8 classically trained on continental 5 row accordion (parents idea).... but prob a bit hard to hook up with ya with gigs and studio and all?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Will be down in Comhaltas tonite, a few good box players there, will ask around if anyone interested. If it's a paying gig I can recomend an excellent box player.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

What do throw a drowning accordion player?

His accordion:D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

PMI wrote: »
    Hi, im grade 8 classically trained on continental 5 row accordion (parents idea).... but prob a bit hard to hook up with ya with gigs and studio and all?!?

PMI, there wouldn't be any gigs it's just for a recording session. It wouldn't take long to do at all to do as it's only dominant in one song (so far) and may be used in a couple of other tracks. All relatively simple stuff, it just needs some soul.
    The guy who album we are recording is back in the studio tomorrow so I'll have a chat to him about it and then get in touch.

BTW, have you recorded before?

trad wrote: »
    Will be down in Comhaltas tonite, a few good box players there, will ask around if anyone interested. If it's a paying gig I can recomend an excellent box player.

It will be a paid session. Just looking for the right person to do it. Someone with recording experience is a must for this one.

• Advertisement

What do throw a drowning accordion player?

His accordion:D

Oldie but a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

brettzy wrote: »
    PMI, there wouldn't be any gigs it's just for a recording session. It wouldn't take long to do at all to do as it's only dominant in one song (so far) and may be used in a couple of other tracks. All relatively simple stuff, it just needs some soul.
    The guy who album we are recording is back in the studio tomorrow so I'll have a chat to him about it and then get in touch.

BTW, have you recorded before?

Hi, crossed wires....

I gig almost every night of the week or if not im in my own place recording (hense signature) or somewhere else recording or being talked to by paul brewer :) hense ive recorded before.... haha

Im not a trad player ie: I dont think like a trad player im a schooled player, sight reader, used to italian sonatas, russian polkas etc.. but then I play synth, guitar, sing and program etc.. in J90 so quite diverse :)

Have a word and we might be able to do something, im up for it anyway if we can slot in times....

I have a Bugari Armando 5 Row Continental Accordion with 8 couplers on right hand and 3 on left for different reeds etc... so should get the sound too....

www.westlakelodgestudios.com
    www.j90.ie
    www.stateofjay.com

PMI wrote: »
    Hi, crossed wires....

I gig almost every night of the week or if not im in my own place recording (hense signature) or somewhere else recording or being talked to by paul brewer :) hense ive recorded before.... haha

Im not a trad player ie: I dont think like a trad player im a schooled player, sight reader, used to italian sonatas, russian polkas etc.. but then I play synth, guitar, sing and program etc.. in J90 so quite diverse :)

Have a word and we might be able to do something, im up for it anyway if we can slot in times....

I have a Bugari Armando 5 Row Continental Accordion with 8 couplers on right hand and 3 on left for different reeds etc... so should get the sound too....

www.westlakelodgestudios.com
    www.j90.ie
    www.stateofjay.com

PMI, that's great man, thank you. I'll send a PM in a couple of minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I'm told perfect pitch is where you lob an accordion into a skip and it lands on a bodhran.

I asked 2 box players last nite, both too busy with work.

trad wrote: »
    I'm told perfect pitch is where you lob an accordion into a skip and it lands on a bodhran.

I asked 2 box players last nite, both too busy with work.

No bother Trad, thanks for asking anyway. Got your PM BTW

• Advertisement
Advertisement