Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a Text from O2

Options
  • 17-06-2009 1:51pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Informing me that the new iPhone software is available tonight, to just get itunes and off I go. Not too strange I know, except that I'm not on a iPhone tarrif, I have all the data turned off, I've an original iPhone that I bought in the states, are o2 monitoring people that have non-o2 iPhones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Clareman wrote: »
    Informing me that the new iPhone software is available tonight, to just get itunes and off I go. Not too strange I know, except that I'm not on a iPhone tarrif, I have all the data turned off, I've an original iPhone that I bought in the states, are o2 monitoring people that have non-o2 iPhones?

I wouldn't say that they are monitoring in a Big Brother kind of way, more they can tell what kind of phone you are using and perhaps thought you would be interested.

I am on Meteor, and when I log into my web account, it shows my phone model as an iPhone, even though Meteor don't support it.

Actually, my boss just got that text too (he is on O2).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

On o2.ie they have me down as a Samsung phone, which I got about 3 years ago.

They might have just texted everyone by mistake :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I got text too. O2 have me as 16GB White iPhone when I have an 8GB Black. Not too sure O2 Insurance would agree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

ya got the text too.. man am i sick of clicking that check for upate button!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yeah, I got bored and I gave up at 1am this morning. Hopefully it'll work when I get home later this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Skyuser wrote: »
    I got text too. O2 have me as 16GB White iPhone when I have an 8GB Black. Not too sure O2 Insurance would agree with them.

1 way of finding out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got the same text today as well, also not on an iphone tarriff. I wonder if they're getting the numbers via the O2 forum? I'm on there with my phone set as an iphone.

I'm not on their forum so they didn't get it there, I have never registered my iPhone with o2 at all, seems weird, but once it doesn't cost me anything I won't complain

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Got the text, still no sign of the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Note: Software will be available to download from 6pm, 17th June 2009.

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Shop/Phones/iPhone/Software+upgrade/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Landscape Keyboard....yes! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thejem

got a tweet saying its up from 6pm tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭beer enigma

thejem wrote: »
    got a tweet saying its up from 6pm tonight

O2 site says 6pm too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Bloody hell!

Updated iTunes a few weeks ago in preparation for this update.

So thought this update wouldn't be too big - 20/30 mbs.

It's 230 mbs!!!!

Advertisement