If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10/10 RS aftersales support after Panny 5yr warranty policy small print let me down

Options
  • 17-06-2009 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭

Just to commend Richersounds after sales support for picking up the pieces after Panasonic's extended warranty's small print let me down.

I purchased the th50pz81b last October and duly posted off the 5 year warranty cert back to Panasonic. In early December I rang Panasonic to check on it and they said to call back in another few weeks as it must not have been processed.

I forgot all about it and rang Panasonic the other day, who refused to accept my application for the 5yr warranty as the date closed in January. They 'Claimed' they never received it!!! They did however offer the warranty at £125 + VAT!!:eek:

I got in back in touch with RS and they accepted the TV under THEIR 5 year warranty.

Great after-sales and I guarantee to be a returning customer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i had the same dilemma, rung panasonic in Jan and was told to ring back in March if i never received it, well after closing date! luckily, the cert arrived end of Feb

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Dear Mullingar & Driver,

Many thanks for the kind posts - we really do appreciate the time you take to post kind comments.

Apologies for all at RS regarding the Panasonic 5 Year warranty scheme - the vast majority of Customers do appear to be registered ok and normally Panasonic are excellent with these schemes however they do appear in this instance to have dropped the ball somewhat and we at RS are happy to step in as it really is not the Customer fault.

Anyway - thanks again and wait 'till you see the Panasonic warranty will probably be in the post to you next week! (does that mean you have a 10 year warranty ;))

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.