Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to Hossegor?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone has been to Hossegor and what its like? I'm going to be in france soon and was thinking of heading there for a few days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

have been a few times and its a good spot. It can get busy in the swummer but you can drive a few kms north to seignosse etc and its basically the same beach, albeit with different banks and it can be slightly less busy. August is by far the busiest montha as all of france seem to be on holiday. If you're going in summer it'll be the most reliable place to surf down that way but will be so busy in the water. if its only local windswell the beach is still fun and produces some good waves.

Town itself is nice with plenty of bars, restaurants and nightclubs. You're also so close to biarritz, north of spain. All in all, its defo worth the shout, you have to at some stage go to hossegor and if theres a proper swell with offshore wind teh barrels it produces are ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 milka

I was in Hossegor in April and it's a beautiful place, well worth checking out. The swell was massive when I was there, just way way too heavy for me in a lot of the places and unfortunately it was onshore most of the time but got a few surfs in on the beaches and I think it's meant to be consistent enough surf throughout the year, (although smaller inthe summer months) and there are a fair few spots to choose from. The town itself is lovely too - and great nightlife, Dicks Sandbar and RockFood are two busy pubs, a bit mental but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

Thanks a lot for the replies, sounds good.

Advertisement