Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus - Possible Disruption due to Dublin City Cycle - Wednesday 17th June 2009

Options
  • 17-06-2009 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Dublin-City-Cycle---Wednesday-17th-June-2009/

Dublin City Cycle - Wednesday 17th June 2009

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that on Wednesday 17th June 2009 there will be a City Cycle through Dublin's City Centre. Cyclists will assemble at 18:00hrs at Merrion Square South and the cycle will start at 19:00hrs.

The cycle will take the following route Merrion Square South, St. Stephen's Green North, Dawson Street, College Green, Westmoreland Street, O'Connell Street, Parnell Square West, Parnell Square East, O'Connell Street, D'Olier Street, Nassau Street, Kildare Street and Merrion Square.

As a result the above areas will be closed as and when the cycle passes through them. Please allow for heavy traffic and delays when planning your journey.

Click here for full details on the Dublin City Cycle. http://bikeweek.ie/dublincitycycle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

So how exactly am I meant to take the bus home which travels through these areas. Ironically if I had my car, I could have driven a route that avoided the areas!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

amtc wrote: »
    So how exactly am I meant to take the bus home which travels through these areas. Ironically if I had my car, I could have driven a route that avoided the areas!

The roads will only be closed from 7pm onwards, and likely for less than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,258 ✭✭✭markpb

amtc wrote: »

I presume the buses will be re-routed around those streets like every other city centre event. It's hardly the end of the world.

Advertisement