Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many shaves do you get from your gillette fusion power before changings?

Options
  • 17-06-2009 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

How many shaves do you get from your gillette fusion power before changings the blade?

I change out every month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Gonzales wrote: »
    How many shaves do you get from your gillette fusion power before changings the blade?

I change out every month.

How many times do you shave during the month? I'd go thru a blade every week. About 3or4 shaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

d3mon24 wrote: »
    How many times do you shave during the month? I'd go thru a blade every week. About 3or4 shaves.

between 22 to 30 shaves / month. Results are still godd at the end of the month & before you ask: No I'm not a pimply 13 year old with fluffy chin.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I change mine about every 4-5 weeks too, and shave 4-5 times a week. There's no need to change a blade every 2nd day, that's just what Gillette would like us all to do.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gonzales, don't waste your time and money on cartridge razors like Mach3 and Fusion, they are ****e plain and simple.

You'll get a farrr better shave at a much cheaper cost in the long run with a Safety Razor.
    For example a pack of 10 blades cost me about 2.50e and I use about 9-10 blades a month (change them every 3 days or so as I shave each morning)

Read this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055448697

This is what I shave with each morning, been doing it since January 2009 and I'll never be using a Fusion or Mach 3 again.

large_MerkurProgressChrome.jpg

I got the idea from a thread like this back in January and I've even converted a few friends since I've switched....while its 1820's technology its the way forward instead of using cartridge razors! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

Cabaal wrote: »
    Gonzales, don't waste your time and money on cartridge razors like Mach3 and Fusion, they are ****e plain and simple.

You'll get a farrr better shave at a much cheaper cost in the long run with a Safety Razor.
    For example a pack of 10 blades cost me about 2.50e and I use about 9-10 blades a month (change them every 3 days or so as I shave each morning)

This is what I shave with each morning, been doing it since January 2009 and I'll never be using a Fusion or Mach 3 again.

I got the idea from a thread like this back in January and I've even converted a few friends since I've switched....while its 1820's technology its the way forward instead of using cartridge razors! :)

is it really better than a mach 3 ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

madmik wrote: »

- Closer shave
    - Takes the same amount of time
    - No razor burn
    - Cheaper blades

In my books it is, razor burn and ingrown hairs (which can cause spots) were a problem for me before I switched to a safety razor now I have none :)

I'd suggest having a read of the thread I posted its full of very helpful info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I have a fusion power, and change every 6-7 weeks. I did a little exercise for myself regarding the usage of them and find that if I shave every day(thereby cutting smaller hairs) the blades last longer than if I leave it a couple of days. Could be just me though and it was not a very scientific test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

I have a fusion power, and change every 6-7 weeks. I did a little exercise for myself regarding the usage of them and find that if I shave every day(thereby cutting smaller hairs) the blades last longer than if I leave it a couple of days. Could be just me though and it was not a very scientific test!

shaving daily would also leave less hair to clog the blades and give the impresion the razor was gliding smoothly

mach 3s do get clogged really easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Cabaal,

Thanks for link. Gonna invest in a new razor when my mach blades are nearly finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Fashion & Appearance

Given the nature of the topic, I don't think Facial Hair & Hats is appropriate :D

dudara

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »

I might give this a try but seeing as I just got 36 Fusion cartridges delivered it'll be several years before I get around to it :rolleyes:.

I like the idea of a safety or cut throat, but I'm not sure I'm willing commit the time. I typically take 2 minutes in the shower to shave & then I'm out the door. I might not even make it to the door if I try that with a cut throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

madmik wrote: »
    Far far better :)

I'd always get quite bad razor rash using the Mach 3's, etc, and never got too great a shave. Different story :)
    I might give this a try but seeing as I just got 36 Fusion cartridges delivered it'll be several years before I get around to it :rolleyes:.

I like the idea of a safety or cut throat, but I'm not sure I'm willing commit the time. I typically take 2 minutes in the shower to shave & then I'm out the door. I might not even make it to the door if I try that with a cut throat.

After a few days of practice, you'll have it down to getting a proper shave in less than 10 minutes, which ain't too bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Crucial thread. I shave every morning and would get a month out of 4 fusion blades. They definately don't last as long as advertised on the packet unless you like the cut face look.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Far far better :)

I'd always get quite bad razor rash using the Mach 3's, etc, and never got too great a shave. Different story :)

After a few days of practice, you'll have it down to getting a proper shave in less than 10 minutes, which ain't too bad at all.

:eek::eek:10 minute!!:eek::eek: - no can do my friend.

Aidric wrote: »
    Crucial thread. I shave every morning and would get a month out of 4 fusion blades. They definately don't last as long as advertised on the packet unless you like the cut face look.

what does it say on the packet? I never noticed anything before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fajitas! wrote: »
    :eek::eek:10 minute!!:eek::eek: - no can do my friend.
    Ahhhh i can see it now - Boards Speed Shaving Competation

5 minutes hot towel in preperation, soaps lathered and ready, water steaming slightly in the morning air...
    30 second time penalities for any nicks and cuts
    Gentlemen, charge your bristle-brushes
    On your mark, get set, GOOOOOOOoooooooo

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Where can I get a safety razor? I've a constant issue with razor burn on my neck with my Gillette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Where can I get a safety razor? I've a constant issue with razor burn on my neck with my Gillette

Check out this thread, and forum http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055448697

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

what does it say on the packet? I never noticed anything before.
    On the 4 pack refill it states 'lasts up to three months'. I don't know what frequency they are basing that on.

Aidric wrote: »
    On the 4 pack refill it states 'lasts up to three months'. I don't know what frequency they are basing that on.

sounds like a bit of a stretch - unless they did their testing on 7 yo girls upper lips.

Having said that I still get a good result after up to 30 shaves. I hav'nt broken into my e-bay China (see counterfit) blades yet so I'll be interested to see how they work out.

If you don't hear from me in one month - assume I've nicked myself to death & cancel my boards account !!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

I was given one of these things a while back and find it excellent. I've not changed a fusion blade in over a month now.

http://www.4men.ie/index.php?sid=x&shp=oxbaseshop&cl=details&anid=b7349bff8e07a62a5.79871634

(I've absolutely nothing to do with the company by the way!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I only change my mach 3/ fusion blade every couple of months and it does a fine job.
    Also - it takes me aabout 2 minutes to shave - where are some of you going talking about 10 minutes :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

4 to 5 minutes a shave.
    As for changing razors, maybe 4/5 weeks.

The habit of shaving in the shower without a mirror (I know, eejit) has been well and truly stopped as well!

Advertisement