Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole Question; Help Appreciated

Options
  • 17-06-2009 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi I'm just finished college and looking for a job. However I was wondering if I don't live with my parents but do live in a house where my father is the landlord do I qualify still for dole or will I be means tested on my parents income?
    Any help is much appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I think that if you are paying rent to your dad then you are assessed independently, although I probably wouldn't even mention it to them if you are. They tend to confuse things! If you are paying rent just say you are renting a place and don't mention your dad is the landlord. That's what I would do anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 TheDublinMan

You wouldn't be means tested on your parents income if they do not live in the same house as you. Although it would be easier if you just didn't tell them your dad was the landlord it might confuse them.

Advertisement