Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I go for medicine?

Options
  • 16-06-2009 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I'm doing my lc next year and am only doing one science subject (biology) and was wondering what colleges let you do medicine with only one science subject, I know ucd does because I saw their prospectus online, do any others do this as well?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 toffyplops

Thanks, and that would still apply for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

toffyplops wrote: »
    Thanks, and that would still apply for next year?

the rules can always change. If there's upset people over the HPAT or 550 thing in the leaving....who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Would you consider taking up chemistry?
    You would then have the option of applying to TCD, RCSI, NUIG, UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

You should think about taking up possibly Ag. Science, one of the easier to learn in the space of a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

or the physics/chemistry combination...although that will only get you into some of the colleges. Physics/Chem is supposed to be the ordinary level bits out of the 2 courses....so I was told.

If you are doing an extra science on your own check out how you will do the experiments or if you want to chance getting away without

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hmm, when I need medicine first I go to my doctor for a prescription, then usually a pharmacy or chemist...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

UCD will take you for medicine in their 6 years course with only biology..I only did biology for my LC and i have medicine in UCD down as one of my choices in the CAO...

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Yeah that's true... and I remember something about they don't take Biology and Ag. Science as two sciences and definitely not phys/chem and physics or chem separately... (obviously xD)

Good luck with it anyway! I emailed round and they send out prospectuses (prospecti??) if you want. That's how I got a few anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

You know there is an enormous amount of chemistry as well as physics in the medecine courses. It would be extremely hard to keep up in the course without having a good knowledge of chemistry etc..

Advertisement