Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions [donation?]

Options
  • 16-06-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

guys,
    Been informed that the national childrens hospital, in tallaght, is looking for some games suitable for all ages.
    They have a ps1 and xbox already. I am giving them my ps2 with its games. Anyone think of some games that might be good for kids, of all ages that I can throw in too? Or if you want to donate, even better

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Give Gamestop head office a call, they might be able to help, find them in the phone book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Give Gamestop head office a call, they might be able to help, find them in the phone book.

I am looking to buy a few games myself for them.
    I know nothing about older games for young kids (PS1/2/Xbox), so would rather the impartial advise of boards people, to Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Think Ciderman was suggesting that they might donate PS1/PS2 systems/games

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

I'd be interested in donating, although it is completely beyond me as to why the bloody HSE are not giving that hospital blank cheques.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'd be interested in donating, although it is completely beyond me as to why the bloody HSE are not giving that hospital blank cheques.
    Must.....resist.......Harney........weight......joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

Well, Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot are always a good start for kids.

Well, Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot are always a good start for kids.

I know of these games but would never have thought of them

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

you should really contact microsoft about this, i think it would be very likely that they would donate xbox games and possibly even an xbox 360. i know someone who works there who had a friend organising a kind of charity auction and my friend asked in work if they might give a few games and they ended up giving him a console and a load of games.
    there a great company that love to get their name out there and take part in this kind of thing so if your really interested in getting them as much as possible then its def worth a shot at calling microsoft

I would do that but my problem is that I actually have no affiliation with the hospital, so no company could check me out, prior to donating.

This basically came from hearing that they were looking for ps1 games!! and I had a spare PS2.

Actually, I will drop a line, all they can do is say no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

HMV have this board game in their used section "replay" for about 3quid

29a25d63f1f3704468ede585c60927e1_thumb.jpg

My lil sister likes Happy Feet and apparently kids of all ages love these feckin Singstar things. Personally I hate them but the kids in the hospital might like em

• Advertisement

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    My lil sister likes Happy Feet and apparently kids of all ages love these feckin Singstar things. Personally I hate them but the kids in the hospital might like em

I think that the nurses would kill me!!

Advertisement