Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still awaiting word back from jsa/b people ??

Options
  • 16-06-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

hi, so i got laid off early april, another carpenter fallen foul of the banks and fat cat builders, i went to sign on, and as i was away travelling the world in 06/07 i hadnt enough stamps paid to get the dole, even tho i worked for 10 yrs before that, so the nice lady said she'd put me on job seekers a/b not sure whuch, so a month later i had my means test the 5 of may, they went through all my details and my gf's details, we have a 16month old son, she said that my gf probably didnt have enough funds considering our situation and i should be good for the full amount, that was 6 weeks ago, i havent heard anything back, i'm flat broke and am leaning on her alot for rent and everything, how long is normal to hear anything, is there somewhere i can see they haven't forgotten me, i understand there is huge pressure on the system at the moment, but i need know what's going on ?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

that's about normal the way things are going I'm afraid.

If you're having trouble while waiting you can visit your community welfare officer to apply for supplementary welfare allowance, they'll need bank statements (mine told me 3 months' worth) and they might give you a form for your landlord to fill out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

This Thursday will be my 7th week now of waiting just for the MEANS TEST.

I did ring them and ask them was there something I was forgetting.

They said, no, that they wait was around 6-8 weeks.

XINEY: I tried asking them if there was something I was forgetting, but they were adamant that I am not, and that there is just a backlog- however- what happened to the old arrangement where you sent in some pre-paid envelopes, or signed on every week before your benefit/allowance came through.

Is this gone? Or is the pre-payment-signing for JSB only?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

As far as I know, the prepaid envelope thing no longer exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Xiney wrote: »
    As far as I know, the prepaid envelope thing no longer exists.

Just another change I guess. Ta.:cool:

Advertisement