Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pets and Land lady

Options
  • 16-06-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi all

So we have moved into a house recently and have been wanting to get a dog (a pug more precisely). Unfortunately the Landlady is none to keen on it. Can you offer any advice on how to convince her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Unfortunately this ones entirely her choice as its her property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭PCros

Hmmm not sure on dogs but cats are the easier animals to keep in the house with out the landlord knowing or neighbours ratting you out....no barking etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funlovintapir

I was in the same situation, I said to the landlord that I wanted a pet to keep me company and that I would pay a pet deposit if he wanted, and that i'd take it to obedience classes. He said it was fine and i'm collecting the pug next week. The pug is such a small dog, its fine for apartments, but it does shed a lot and will chew as a puppy so if its not mostly your furniture in the place perhaps its not a good idea.

Advertisement