Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle respray?

Options
  • 16-06-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Are there any companies that specialize in re spraying bicycles? What would it set you back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Tawfee

I got mine done by a guy in Ballyfermot a couple of years ago. Can't remember his first name, but his son Andy Murphy works in Stagg Cycles in Lucan (it was thru Andy that I got his dad's number). Try giving him a ring at 6283022.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

http://www.epicmtb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7542

Think I read on epic or irishdh or somewhere that it is about 120e. Call them I guess. Better gallery here:

http://www.tallaghtpowdercoating.ie/gallery_bicyclemisc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I have a frame I was thinking about getting resprayed. Very interested to hear how much it might cost. Keep us up to date on progress

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fixieboy

Boards is just great isn't it? Thanks all...i'll keep you posted on price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

my friend works in a powder coating place and he does alot of frames for people

pm if ur interested

ud have to strip the bike down and just give him the frame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I got a frame done here a couple of years ago:

http://www.qualitypowdercoating.ie/

The finish was very good: not super-glossy but far better than anything you'd achieve with a spray. If they do clear coats, I'd recommend getting one of them too - helps protect the finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bruno10

Acoustic wrote: »
    my friend works in a powder coating place and he does alot of frames for people

pm if ur interested

ud have to strip the bike down and just give him the frame

Hi Accoustic,

I am interested in having my bike resprayed could you give me your friend's details.

John

if you're looking to get your frame stripped, i can do it for you. just drop me a message

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭fixie

hi fixieboy
    i wouldnt recommend tallaght podercoating to you especially if you spraying an old frame.
    just incase you were considering them

fixie wrote: »
    hi fixieboy
    i wouldnt recommend tallaght podercoating to you especially if you spraying an old frame.
    just incase you were considering them
    Am i right in remembering that you had to get it redone 4 or 5 times before it was right??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I'm about to start paint stripping an old Peugeot 501 frame ( bought in 88).
    I'm going to get a local car sprayer to repaint it.
    I was thinking of getting the forks and stays chromed, anyone have any experience of that?
    PS, I'm going to paint it in Carrera colours as per 80's as ridden by Roche, and have the decals coming from an ebay seller.

yeah,returned it after the first time and then took him 4 or 5 times to get it right. dont get me wrong jeff was real nice and didnt mind respraying it for me.but i also know someone who had paint in the bb and headset!

fixie wrote: »
    yeah,returned it after the first time and then took him 4 or 5 times to get it right. dont get me wrong jeff was real nice and didnt mind respraying it for me.but i also know someone who had paint in the bb and headset!
    Are the only advantages to powder coating that it's more durable??

pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Started paint stripping my forks this afternoon with Rustins Strypit, Jaze this is powerful sh1t.
    One coat of gunk and 1 minutes later I had bubbling paint, tried to apply a second coat as advised on instructions, but the paintwork literally slid off the forks as I rubbed it with the brush.
    Will go at the frame over the next few days and post up some pix. Sorry I didn't start with some pics before I went at the old bike!

did this the other day, it's seriously vicious stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bruno10

Bruno10 wrote: »
    Hi Accoustic,

Thanks for the info. At this stage i can still only inquiring . How much does the paint job cost any idea

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Timmytom

abcdggs wrote: »
    if you're looking to get your frame stripped, i can do it for you. just drop me a message
    How'ya just wondering how much you charge to strip a bike down? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭vtiniall

Hi Guys,

Would anyone know of anywhere that would be able to re spray a bike frame, it would need to be stripped down too ;-). Any idea of the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

hey folks anyone get a bike spray in dublin ?
    any details

This company do resprays of bike frames and are well priced. http://www.tallaghtpowdercoating.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Any idea how much they'd charge to strip and put a single colour on a frame & fork?

I was told by Tallaght Powder Coating , you have to have the bike stripped before you give it to them. Duff cycles will charge you the fee of a service on a bike to strip it and to reassemble it afterwards. For a single colour powder coat, I was quote €90.80..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

vtiniall wrote: »
    I was told by Tallaght Powder Coating , you have to have the bike stripped before you give it to them.
    i assume you mean strip the parts, rather than strip the old paint off?
    i assumed TychoCaine was asking about paint stripping, rather than parts stripping.

Sorry about that, you have to strip the parts off the bike and just hand in the frame and forks. Tallaght Powder Coasting charge that price to spray a single colour. They do all the work to take off the old colour, prime the frame and respray the bike with your requested colour....

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Yeah, I was talking about paint stripping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I asked about having my old velo stripped and resprayed in TallaghtPowderCoating.
    The cost is €102.70 including VAT

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Advertisement