Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone thinking of Accomodation yet???

Options
  • 16-06-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Im just wondering has any one booked accomodation yet for yere first choice or think is it grand to leave tat till after the offers?????:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

I was gonna leave it til after the offers. Is it something I should be looking into now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

not something i have to worry about but am i wrong in thinking its a bit crazy to sort it before offers - its not like youll have trouble finding somewhere the rental markets flooded :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 corkkerry

ive a placed booked 2 mins from UCC in student accom, nice place too

But looking likely that i could be going to UL, anyone in similar situation have a place booked in UL but could be going to UCC, if you want to swap , PM me.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Well if you're looking for on campus I would recommend placing a reservation/application ASAP. AFAIK, those have been up since February, so it would be (possibly) beneficial to have an application in sooner rather than later.
    Otherwise, I would say to try and find something between the exams and results in the area of your choices. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Booked and put down a deposit on accomodation in Corrib Village in Galway months ago as have all of the people I know that are heading to NUIG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

yep, Ive my accomodation booked in UL's Kappavilla village , Deposit gone down and all , Lets hope i get the points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

yep same as ^^
    I have amhra house booked in Galway since around feb/march!
    my friend is in first year in NUIG and he was going bananas at me until i booked something. and he was right, theyre was two places that were booked out for first and second years when i was booking! Anybody hoping for Galway would need to start looking now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Well luks like im screwed:D

I might be going to UL totaly dependant on a B in Math ill have the points esy but damn I know oncampus in UL fills lightning fast

sure Feckit i can just drive to limerick every morning frm galway nd back in the evening:p

what is it but 2 hrs each way;)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Yep am booked! :D I applied for my on campus one, but then looked at housing websites and found other student houses for like €200 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

It depends were you're going coz theres some places that you have to apply to before the results, like most have already applied to nuig and nuim has to be applied to either,, for on campus anyway!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭-ilikeshorts

I would have booked but I dont no where most colleges in the country seem to have student accomodation but I'm planning on going to dublin and can only seem to find like 2 places for an entire city surely someone knows somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yeah, I booked a few months ago in Cork. I decided in October that I'm going there. My top two courses are in UCC, and I'm definitely gonna get my first course, so I'm not too worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I have my lovely bedroom in my house really near UCD and Trinity :pac:

My top two choices are in Trinity, so I'm in no rush to sort out accommodation (as you can't apply for accommodation until you get accepted, which is such a brilliant system).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭AMixedBag

nah, haven't sorted out a thing.
    Gonna chillax for the summer and when the time is right, I'll think about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

God, Id love to be moving out next year. But the more I think of it, the more I realise how much of a child I still am and how much I couldnt afford it! Im pretty grand tho where I am, only an 84 or a DART away from either Trinity and UCD, whichever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

All booked!

I've booked a place in Kilmurry village in UL as my top two choices are there! Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Me and mates are all hopefully goin college in dublin.. Ucd, tcd and dcu is where we all have our choices. Were lookin for a house that'll be in ok distance from the 3 of em. Anyone any ideas? I was thinkin phibsborough?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Me and mates are all hopefully goin college in dublin.. Ucd, tcd and dcu is where we all have our choices. Were lookin for a house that'll be in ok distance from the 3 of em. Anyone any ideas? I was thinkin phibsborough?

Phibsborough would be ideal if you could get a place. You got the 10 for UCD, A loada buses for TCD and 19a/4/4a for DCU..
    Cabra would be good either(train to maynooth on top of that) or anywhere in town but I'm not an expert on getting accomodation..I'm staying at home :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

UCC is ****e to get a place to stay WTF? why will they not wait for the results to come out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    UCC is ****e to get a place to stay WTF? why will they not wait for the results to come out.

I think they were all booked within 48 hours for 1st years?
    Sure the waiting list is always an option plus was told there is tons of accomadation around the campus not run by the college itself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

My top two choices are in Trinity, so I'm in no rush to sort out accommodation (as you can't apply for accommodation until you get accepted, which is such a brilliant system).

I did not know that, great stuff! Haven't sorted anything, I've got TCD, UCC, NUIG, RCSI, and DCU on the CAO and not the vaguest of notions where I'll end up so it seems a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

There is a surplus of flats, houses and digs in Dublin so there won't be a big rush to run and get a place on the day of results. Most landlords will be happy to get any tenants with the present economy.
    www.daft.ie is a good bet or college campus is fantastic craic, if you are easy going and like living in your and other's filth with little sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I'm renting someplace near UCD, have a few places in mind. PM me if you're doing likewise.

I know the on campus accom there is great but it's too 'spensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I think I'll just live at home next year... All my colleges are in Dublin, it's only a half hour away AND I can keep my job.

Feck it I'll be going to Germany in third year anyway.

Advertisement