Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get fitted work shirts

Options
  • 16-06-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get men's fitted work shirts, with proper wide spread collars and not too fussed about the cuff but double if preferable. I figured the more "high street" stores would stock them, and tried Topman, H&M and River Island but no joy.

I know that TM Lewin etc stock "slim fit" shirts but they really aren't slim fitting at all. They are just less material than the normal, baggy shirts. And I don't want to go designer cos I don't have the budget.

So what I'm looking for is a close fitted shirt, with good stiff wide collars as I'll be wearing a ties, and long enough that it can be tucked in to suit trousers without coming untucked. Plain white or blue preferably. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Try a Next store or their online service

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭event

burton

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭dingbat

I'm looking to get men's fitted work shirts, with proper wide spread collars and not too fussed about the cuff but double if preferable. I figured the more "high street" stores would stock them, and tried Topman, H&M and River Island but no joy.

I know that TM Lewin etc stock "slim fit" shirts but they really aren't slim fitting at all. They are just less material than the normal, baggy shirts. And I don't want to go designer cos I don't have the budget.

So what I'm looking for is a close fitted shirt, with good stiff wide collars as I'll be wearing a ties, and long enough that it can be tucked in to suit trousers without coming untucked. Plain white or blue preferably. Cheers.
    This is a common topic on the interwebs.

Those TM Lewin "slim fit" shirts were until recently known as "semi-fitted", which was a much more accurate description. They also do a "Milan" (semi-fitted, button cuff, 2-button collar) and a "Rovereto" (fitted, button cuff, collar may be too large depending on taste).

Next slim fit shirts are certainly worth a look, however, the collar and cuffs IMO feel like they're made of cardboard, they've got internal collar stays and the material isn't up to much.

In Dublin, if you really want a very slim, fitted look, your best strategy is to buy a shirt with your preferred material, collar and cuffs and take it to a decent tailor to have it taken in to your liking.

Advertisement