Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one-parent student

Options
  • 16-06-2009 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hello.
    Any students have been in similar situation?
    I would like to receive the one-parent payment at my parents address (that's where my child will live) while i am studying and living in student accommodaton for one academc year.
    is this possible?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

simona wrote: »
    Hello.
    Any students have been in similar situation?
    I would like to receive the one-parent payment at my parents address (that's where my child will live) while i am studying and living in student accommodaton for one academc year.
    is this possible?:confused:

From [url]www.welfare.ie:[/url]

To qualify for a One-Parent Family Payment you must:

Be the parent, step-parent, adoptive parent or legal guardian of a qualified child
    Have the main "care and charge" of at least one qualified child, who is under 18 years of age or aged 18-22 and in full-time education. The child must live with you. One-Parent Family Payment is not payable if a couple has joint equal custody of a child or children.
    Have earnings of €425 or less per week
    Satisfy a means test
    Be habitually resident
    Not be cohabiting (that is, living with someone as husband and wife).

As your child will not be living with you, you will not be considered to have the main care and charge of him/her, so you will not qualify for this payment.
    If your child is living with you in your student accommodation then you could claim this allowance.

Advertisement