Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor.ie

Options
  • 16-06-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hi. I just had to let others know about Meteor.ie

I was looking to upgrade my phone so did a little research and saw the add on the website to save money if i order on line. I don't have a credit card but got my sister to order one for me. Recieved confirmation emails from meteor on the Fridat 5th June saying shipped today and should have it in two days. Wenesday came and still no phone there was a postal reference on the email so i checked it and it said it still was in the sorting office. Rang An Post but was told i should have got it monday and it had gone missing. So i rang Meteor.ie explained my problem and was told the guy i needed wasn't there he had a day off so i gave my details and they were going to call me back. Didn't Happen, Rang back next day again the guy involved wasn't there but this person was going to look after it and phone me back. Again Didn't. I was Slightly angry now and asked my sister to cancel the phone and get her money back.
    Friday she rang again this bloke wasn't in ( I think he is actually made up for delay tactics and was told someone was getting a report on this and they would ring her back. About 7.00 that night someone did ring back and said they can't do anything till monday but as a token gesture would credit me 20 Euro. ( I did get the credit )
    On Monday she went thru the same thing again and again. Now she has been talking to about 5 different people ( one of whom sujested that the problem was with an post and not meteor until my sis said we bought it from meteor and not An psot) still being messed around and she is waiting for a calback today ( tuesday) at 2.00.

Has anybody had any good or bad experiences with these guys
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Call the credit card company, and tell them what happened, and request a chargeback.

Call Meteor and tell them you are contacting the credit card company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Paulw wrote: »
    Call the credit card company, and tell them what happened, and request a chargeback.

Call Meteor and tell them you are contacting the credit card company.

Then tell Meteor that you are moving to another operator, and follow through with it too. If you continue as a Meteor customer, and keep paying them money, there will be no incentive for them to ever improve.

They cannot fob you off onto An Post, it's their responsibility to have what you bought delivered, and if it isn't, their responsibility to have it replaced or a refund issued. They can then chase An Post for the loss incurred.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its a Meteor issue, they should be re-sending the phone at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Just an update

Sister rang the credit card company couldn't help. Rang back meteor and told them she had been on to the cc company but didn't say that they couldn't help.

An hour later we got a call from meteor saying you will have your card credit in 3 to five working days.

No apologies or anything at all.

I would really tell anybody who wants to buy thru meteor online not to.
    Really angry with the customer support staff as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Seems Eircom taking over Meteor means Meteor have taken on Eircom's wonderful customer service department aswell. Slightly related, I contacted Meteor on three seperate occasions due to constant coverage problems in Templeogue/Tallaght (texts not sending, calls breaking up badly, losing network completely at times). Not once was I ever given a response. I've since moved my number over to Vodafone, although I kept the same handset, but Vodafone offer me the exact same tariff as Meteor, far, far, far better coverage and a much better value data service.

I suggest you have a good look at the other network offerings too, cableguy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Kensington wrote: »
    Seems Eircom taking over Meteor means Meteor have taken on Eircom's wonderful customer service department aswell. Slightly related, I contacted Meteor on three seperate occasions due to constant coverage problems in Templeogue/Tallaght (texts not sending, calls breaking up badly, losing network completely at times). Not once was I ever given a response. I've since moved my number over to Vodafone, although I kept the same handset, but Vodafone offer me the exact same tariff as Meteor, far, far, far better coverage and a much better value data service.

I suggest you have a good look at the other network offerings too, cableguy.
    I switched to Meteor for the free calls/free texts as my girlfriend is on there.

Voicemail hasn't worked since I moved from Vodafone, and Meteor's woeful (and Irish) customer service just told me to turn on/off my phone to sort it out more than once, amongst other typical fob offs.

Giving serious consideration to moving back, if I can get a good deal on calls/texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

ive ordered a phone online off meteor before and it was here in 2/3 days, no issues there, but when i was with them on billpay i spent 6 months chasing up a phone that was under warranty and they "lost" they sorted it in the end eventually though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Jaeger wrote: »
    I switched to Meteor for the free calls/free texts as my girlfriend is on there.

Voicemail hasn't worked since I moved from Vodafone, and Meteor's woeful (and Irish) customer service just told me to turn on/off my phone to sort it out more than once, amongst other typical fob offs.

Giving serious consideration to moving back, if I can get a good deal on calls/texts.
    Well they both do free texts to any network, or free calls and texts to their own network, for €20 top up per month. And they both do that Bill Pay lite style offer aswell for bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Kensington wrote: »
    Seems Eircom taking over Meteor means Meteor have taken on Eircom's wonderful customer service department aswell.

+1, I've been with Meteor since they started, customer service used to be superb, but in the last few years it's gone downhill fast. Thinking of moving myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Major peeved at Meteor myself too, I'm after getting an unlock code from Meteor which is wrong and they insist that the Nokia 3120 and the Nokia 3120classic are the same(giving the same code), I'm not sure if Meteor ever carried the 3120 but its the second phone they've failed to issue a proper unlocking code for me. So sick of their sub standard services! Never buying Meteor again!

• Advertisement

Update

As of Yesterday the credit card hasn't been credit.

They are serouisly taking the p*s*.:mad::mad:

Guess its back on to customer services again

Any ideas guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Why wont the credit card company help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Another Update

After ringing 3 times to get to the guy i was dealing with and in each time i was told he would ring me he actually did. Now he said that he was told on tuesday (23rd) that the refund hasn't gone thru and he put it thru again this morning but this time he can tell me it went thru. So first off i asked him how can he see that now it went thru but he couldn't let me know on the day ( if he actual even did put it thru which i doubt) and if he did actuallay put it thru how come when he got the report on tuesday nobody bothered there arse to ring me up and let me know did they think it wouldn't be noticed. So i asked to speak to his supervisor.

I spoke to the supervisor who actually knows how to talk to Customers ( Which i do not think most of customer care know how to) and he listened to me and took notes and said yes this should have been shorted well before now.
    I asked him to give me a full report via email of exactly what happen in regard to this and he said i will have the report early next week and he will riing me first and we will come to some sort of deal in relation to all the hassle.
    I also mentioned to him about not being called back and basically said most of there Customer support isn't good.

So will keep people posted.

In Regard to the credit card company they wouldn't/couldn't do anything till a month is up

Advertisement